Gameplay/Traits - Bags in car trunks and seats.

PoshRocketeer

I really like the idea of being able to use bags in the trunks of cars to reduce weight slightly, allowing you pack just a bit more stuff into the trunk and seats than you could before. It looks a little something like this in my head:

Bags placed in trunks or seats can be looted or filled with loot from the loot/containers menu, similarly to when they're equipped on your person. When bags are in trunks or seats, they only give 10% of the weight reduction provided when equipped on your person. With the Organized trait, the weight reduction is 20% of what it would be when equipped on your person, 5% with Disorganized. The name of bags can be seen in the loot menu when hovering, making it easier to tell which is which at a glance. The number of bags that can be fit inside a trunk at once has two limiting factors: The size of the bag, and the size of the trunk. For example:

In a 4-door sedan, (<50 weight maximum) you can fit 5 satchels, 4 schoolbags, 3 duffels, 2 hiking/big hiking bags, 1 large backpack/military backpack.

In a 'medium' sized trunk (greater than 50, less than  80), you can fit 6 satchels, 5 schoolbags, 4 duffels, 2 hiking/big hiking bags, 2 large backpacks/military backpacks

In a large van or truck bed (>80 weight maximum) you can fit 10 satchels,. 8 schoolbags, 6 duffels, 4 hiking/big hiking bags, 2 large backpack/military backpack

I do not think this would be unbalanced. It would give a real purpose to finding bags that are the same size or smaller than your player's bag, and would fit in well with the upcoming B42 changes to the nomadic lifestyle. Additionally, it would give some neat new attributes to existing traits. It rewards players for keeping their stuff well organized if they choose, and can be ignored if they don't wish to engage with the mechanic. I already organize my loot with duffels in trunks, it'd just be extra cool if it made a difference.