Very Long LGSM Dedicated Server Startup Time, a Map Size Issue or..?

Faultoid

Hi there, I, along with some friends, use LGSM to host a dedicated PZ server and I'm curious about the startup times and the game's optimization at this stage of it's development.

Initially our server started up fairly quickly but now, after having played for quite a long time, over a year at least, with many items collected and several buildings created on the map, it takes upwards of an hour to start through LGSM-- if it even starts up at all. Oddly LGSM still shows that the server has started, and the processes are running in these cases so I assume it must just hit a snag during loading of assets and never actually gets to launch. Is this actually an issue with the map's age/size? A downside to LGSM or Linux specific issue? Maybe just a lack of memory on launch? We are hosting other game servers on a limited memory budget but testing PZ alone didn't yield different results. Can we get around this in some way? I'd like to avoid losing any of the progress on the map before starting a new one as a last resort.

Thanks for any insight, and for the fantastic game.

Startup time is mostly affected by the hard drive speed (SSD recommended), the CPU speed and the amount of scripts and items loaded (mods)
It can also be affected by the RAM, if for some reason you run out of RAM and need to tap into the SWAP memory, it will take a massive amount of time to load.

• 2 weeks later...

If you mean by "when attempting to start our main my" that you are just starting the server, high CPU usage is normal, since the server has to load all the scripts and everything it needs while it is starting.