Black screen when loading a game (Linux)

4d3358

I've been experiencing a bug in Project Zomboid that I would like to report. Whenever I load a saved game, after the "click to continue" screen appears, the game starts as usual, but the "click to continue" black screen does not disappear. As a result, I can't see anything other than a black screen, even though the game seems to be running normally. I can move my character, but I can't see anything.

To get the game to work properly, I have to close it completely and try several times until it works.

My system specifications are:

Debian Bookworm
    Ryzen 7 2700
    RX 6600

32 GB RAM

obs: I can't upload the video here

External link Bug Video: streamable.com/7asjjs

I disabled Steam Overlay as shown in the link, but the error still persists

GameAction [AppID 108600, ActionID 2] : LaunchApp changed task to ShowLaunchOption with ""
GameAction [AppID 108600, ActionID 2] : LaunchApp waiting for user response to ShowLaunchOption ""
GameAction [AppID 108600, ActionID 2] : LaunchApp continues with user response "0"
GameAction [AppID 108600, ActionID 2] : LaunchApp changed task to ProcessingInstallScript with ""
GameAction [AppID 108600, ActionID 2] : LaunchApp changed task to SynchronizingCloud with ""
GameAction [AppID 108600, ActionID 2] : LaunchApp changed task to SynchronizingControllerConfig with ""
GameAction [AppID 108600, ActionID 2] : LaunchApp changed task to SiteLicenseSeatCheckout with ""
GameAction [AppID 108600, ActionID 2] : LaunchApp changed task to CreatingProcess with ""
GameAction [AppID 108600, ActionID 2] : LaunchApp waiting for user response to CreatingProcess ""
GameAction [AppID 108600, ActionID 2] : LaunchApp continues with user response "CreatingProcess"
/bin/sh\0-c\0/home/messias/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/reaper SteamLaunch AppId=108600 -- /home/messias/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-launch-wrapper -- '/home/messias/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/ProjectZomboid/projectzomboid.sh'\0
Game process added : AppID 108600 "/home/messias/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/reaper SteamLaunch AppId=108600 -- /home/messias/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-launch-wrapper -- '/home/messias/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/ProjectZomboid/projectzomboid.sh'", ProcID 10247, IP 0.0.0.0:0
chdir /home/messias/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/ProjectZomboid
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/messias/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/messias/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_64/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64): ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/messias/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.
GameAction [AppID 108600, ActionID 2] : LaunchApp changed task to WaitingGameWindow with ""
GameAction [AppID 108600, ActionID 2] : LaunchApp changed task to Completed with ""
pid 10252 != 10249, skipping destruction (fork without exec?)
64-bit java detected
[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded '/home/messias/.local/share/Steam/linux64/steamclient.so' OK.
Game process updated : AppID 108600 "/home/messias/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/reaper SteamLaunch AppId=108600 -- /home/messias/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-launch-wrapper -- '/home/messias/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/ProjectZomboid/projectzomboid.sh'", ProcID 10271, IP 0.0.0.0:0
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 108600
SteamInternal_SetMinidumpSteamID:  Caching Steam ID:  76561199144838213 [API loaded no]

Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(projectzomboid64)/version(1.0)/tid(10395)

From what I noticed, the error to be related to the incompatibility of the gameverlayrenderer.so library. COULD THE PROBLEM BE RELATED TO THE GRAPHICS CARD? I didn't have this problem when I use a gtx 1050ti (Although it Still Didn't Work 100% on Linux), but didn't have this error.

Generally Debian is not paired well with more recent cards, so there may be some driver issues depending on the card you are using.
Did you try running the game through Proton though? Even if the game can run natively, just as a test to see if running through that helps. Since that would help pin the problem down slightly.