Modded multiplayer automatically terminating after world creation.

BackupYAHmax

Question

Hello, I've had a problem with hosting a multiplayer server for a while now where it will automatically terminate the server before it finishes loading (Initializing - Creating Backup - Initializing - Terminated).

I had temporarily fixed it by deleting the Zomboid\mods folder and the ProjectZomboid\steamapps folder, but in a moment of pure unadulterated genius, I decided that since one mod failed to load I would try restarting the server.

This has broken everything, and I have been on the forum, google, and reddit for about 3 hours while trying solutions. This server has 4G+ worth of mods, but last year it worked completely fine without any issues, and it broke with no changes made to its original settings or mods.

Here are my logs.zipand coop-console.txt .

please bread help me you are a god among men

6 answers to this question

This time it again failed at downloading a specific mod. In which case I can only suggest deleting the steamapps folder. This can happen if for some reason the server start or its initialization are cancelled.
You can also try going into the Steamapps folder and delete the specific mod folder that fails to download, in this case it would be:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2680473910

The issue seems to be that the server cannot find any map files, this seems to be due to you removing the base Muldraugh, KY map from the map list.

Map=OSMuldraughKY;OSRiversideKY;OSRosewoodKY;OSWestPointKY

I am not familiar withany "OS" maps, but the base Muldraugh, KY map should always be loaded. So I recommend adding it back in and it should load after that.

8 hours ago, Beard said:

The issue seems to be that the server cannot find any map files, this seems to be due to you removing the base Muldraugh, KY map from the map list.

Map=OSMuldraughKY;OSRiversideKY;OSRosewoodKY;OSWestPointKY

I am not familiar withany "OS" maps, but the base Muldraugh, KY map should always be loaded. So I recommend adding it back in and it should load after that.

I just tried reading the Muldraugh, KY map and starting the server, now it just says NormalTermination after initializing (as opposed to before saying Terminated)

I deleted my mods and steamapps folders, but it still gives me the same normaltermination.

Here are my logs.zipand coop-console.txt.

Also, the OS maps are from More Occupations Costly.

This time it just seems like a generic Steam connection fail, try restarting your PC and retry, these failures usually fix themselves after a moment. Since it may mean the Steam servers are down just that moment when you try to host.

1 hour ago, Beard said:

This time it just seems like a generic Steam connection fail, try restarting your PC and retry, these failures usually fix themselves after a moment. Since it may mean the Steam servers are down just that moment when you try to host.

Just restarted my pc and tried again. It was initializing for a while but then gave me another NormalTermination. Steam servers might still be having issues, I'll try waiting until later tonight or tomorrow morning and see if it runs.

logs.zip coop-console.txt

On 3/8/2023 at 3:25 AM, Beard said:

This time it again failed at downloading a specific mod. In which case I can only suggest deleting the steamapps folder. This can happen if for some reason the server start or its initialization are cancelled.
You can also try going into the Steamapps folder and delete the specific mod folder that fails to download, in this case it would be:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2680473910

it worked.

after 2 million years of trial and error with mods the server finally starts.

Thank you!

Archived