Tool Wear In Ordinary Use

Bullet_Magnate

I may be mistaken, but I *think* that tools in the game do not currently suffer condition loss from ordinary use, though they *do* suffer wear if used as weapons.  That is, the same hammer that steadily disintegrates from being bonked on zombie heads can be used to build crates and walls in perpetuity without ever breaking.  

This is clearly the case for tools that *can't* be used as weapons -- for example, saws.  They simply have no condition meter at all, and as such cannot ever wear out or break.  

Much as I enjoy this game, this is something that's always puzzled me.  It's pretty self-evident that, IRL, bashing some bone and tissue would cause a lot less wear and tear on a hammer or other tool than, say, driving dozens of nails.  Also, wear and breakage of modern tools that are no longer being manufactured would be one of the big long-term challenges of a PZ-type scenario.  

As such, I think all tools (even non-weapons) should suffer at least some wear from ordinary use, and eventually break.