Listed Multiplayer Issues:

coeco

Here's a list of bugs and features that I've gotten from both extensively playing MP and hosting it that needs fixing, some more than others in the Build 24:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-CRITICAL: Tomatoes, when planted, have a growth time of 0 days. This makes them EXTREMELY overpowered as you can simply dig a hole, plant some tomatoe seeds and collect a seemingly infinite amount of food, gaining gigantic amounts of XP in the process. This may also be the case with other foods.

-CRITICAL: Foods can be consumed almost always by a 1/4th amount and It will cure next to all hunger ailments. Eating large meals, gaining bonuses like "Well Fed" can sometimes only last for a few seconds only.

-SEVERE: Cell loading errors occur around 151, 134 (35,31) with the reason that there are missing tile definitions: http://puu.sh/7gRoy.png

-SEVERE: I can randomly receive large amounts of data transfer packages from unknown "connections". Not sure If this is a port issue or a simple DDOS. Haven't had much lag myself but can damage potential low-tier servers heavily. http://puu.sh/7gRxx.png

-Options for watering certain plants with things such as garden sprayers sometimes work, and sometimes they don't, even with full water.

-Certain resources for water that's gotten from sinks, etc, sometimes stop working a bit randomly, especially If used alot. Intended? Not talking about waterwork shutdown.

-The crafting menu can sometimes be stuck on "White", even If you don't have enough materials for certain items and cannot craft them. Had this happen with both Wooden Wall and Water Gathering Crate. 3/4 Garbage bags still white.

-Players have reported of getting stuck in "Certain tiles". I believe this is a result of the cell rendering process being clogged.

-You can get almost permanently stuck in objects by jumping through certain windows.

-Opening the dropdown menu by rightclicking things in order to interact with things sometimes does not work, even though It is clearly pointing at things like, a window to be climbed through.

-Zombies seemingly get a teleporting and hittable zombie ontop of them when they die. Sometimes, they also tend to vibrate while lying on the ground, "playing dead". The server-log registers this as "Deleting zombie that is only X distance away from player, usually between the 0.47 and 6.00 values.

-Had reports of "Burning zombies" walking around for ages, setting even more things on fire once they are initially caught ablaze. Could be due to lag.

-Many players crash while trying to connect to a server with this error: http://puu.sh/7gRkZ.png even at clean installations

-TWEAKS: I've noticed that my server slowly but surely collects Itself more and more RAM as time goes by. After about 5-7 hours with a 12GB allocation, the program would have collected Itself over 10 million RAM in active use as the "Sandbox" folder, AKA the server itself, remains a collectivity of about 170-240 MB depending on player activity. Tested with mostly full server.

-TWEAKS: There may be visual, huge black walls blocking your path If a server is left on too long, cell loading backing starts to occur at about 7 hours, especially prone for new players.

-TWEAKS: There's a rather large, lacking visual que that you are actually being shot in-game besides status windows. Seeing how the game has a very big variation of player views, this may need a rather urgent fix with a small pain noise playing or other whizzling/sound effects.

-TWEAKS: Players tend to be quite gank-happy on new players that join in the spawn-house. Perhaps some spawn protection and/or a significant more random spawn locations would be in order?

-TWEAKS: The set strategy to "Make a run" to the nearest workshop/storage house is quite sad. Randomly generated maps that are bigger and with more fluid zombie migrations is a rather big need for servers to be more sustainable at the moment.

-TWEAKS: I've noticed a VERY small amount of CPU usage, only resulting in the occassional spikes but very steady increase in RAM intake that almost never drops, no matter the amount of players even as I have my i7 8x core CPU be constantly unparked with high power options. Definitely a big resource hole possible here: http://imgur.com/NoldUAN

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will update this list as I find more things.

It would be a good idea to see if alternative programming languages can be used to fix the RAM and Minimal CPU usage for servers.

There's an obvious memory leak somewhere, and it might be Java related.

C/C++ server applications might be the best in terms of performance.

As for the 'randomization' of loot and location, maybe instead of each buildings being predefined, players can select a set of map loadout with different buildings based on the 'year' of the world? Maybe centuries when the outbreak started?

For instance say the game takes place in 1950s instead of 2000, you can change the rarity of weapons and remove the rarer stuff from the game, but also change how the culture and buildings would look like... This is mostly server customization based so might be a add-on by the modding community.

Another idea is a 'building swap' grid where similar sized buildings can be swapped with one another to change locations...

Imagine a rural gas station being able to be swapped and turned into a logging camp, or a industrial warehouse. So each server will have different buildings in various locations, thus making it harder to memorize the map and rush there.

Zombie Corpses is likely the main reason for RAM uptake... It might be a good idea to make them decay from the game entirely for performance sakes, maybe given a timer on how many days until they disappear.

Archived