Trying to launch "start-server.sh" on LinuxMint no steam, fails due to missing directory

Wolfundersurface

I'm trying to launch the dedicated server on my Linux computer.

Freshly installed, no mods.

I launch "start-server.sh" in the terminal and get back

/home/{user}/Project Zomboid/game/projectzomboid/start-server.sh

line 3: cd: $'/home/{user}\nZomboid/game/projectzomboid' : No such file or directory

I'm an absolute novice with linux, but the fact that the install directory path is completely different from the file location strikes me as a red flag but I have no idea how to correct the issue.

More infuriating, was that it would launch without issue about two hours ago.

But I was having issues with connecting to is from another PC on the local network, so I was noodling around trying to trouble shoot that issue when this issue started.

Thus a fresh install, but the error persists.

so I just changed the folder

/home/{user}/Project Zomboid

to

/home/{user}/ProjectZomboid

and now it's running

I've very confused as to what happened but I'll try to write out everything that I did in the hopes that someone understands how I stumbled into making it work again.

So, before the issue started, what I was doing was double clicking the /home/{user}/Project Zomboid/start-server.sh and the terminal would open and run the server.

The it stopped launching, so I opened the terminal and dragged the start-server.sh file into the terminal and that's when I would get my posted error.

When I dragged the file into the terminal I noted it added ' around the file, so I deleted them and tried running it and it gave an error for /home/{user}/Project not existing.

So I renamed the folder to not have a space and bam

it ran

black magic wizards I swear

I have no idea what the root cause was that start all of this

but it seems to be launching, now I just gotta figure out my connectivity issues. (in a different thread)