Corpses should attract zombies

Sharp-Shark

Zombies with their unending polyphagic hunger, and enhanced sense of smell, should be attracted by the smell of rotting flesh (perhaps an explanation to why zombies seem to be attracted to each other), and as such, the corpses of killed zombies should attract them, and maybe they could even feast on them if they feel hungrier than usual, that is, if they can even feel anything at all.

The disease caused by the rot and the recently added fake dead serve as incentive to remove the dead from your home, and I think with this change you would be incentivized to either burn them, or bury them, as to avoid attracting more zombies to your locale.

An addition that would compliment this quite well would be if zombies could smell the blood of injured survivors, thus making getting injured even more threatening. Imagine trying to stay indoors to recover your wounded leg, but the scent of blood ends up attracting a massive horde that, eventually surrounds and eats you alive. Such a brutal, and quite fitting feature for this game.

I'd like to say I envision that if this was added, it would affect zombies from far away. Maybe each corpse in a cell could increase the odds of zombies migrating to it, but the effect should still apply to zombies in your play area, and perhaps even especially so (and with this I mean physically existing zombies should be attract to defunct - and blood if my bonus suggestion was to be added - like they are to sound).