Multiple Instances 1 Server - Port Errors

r4ptor

Question

Hello!

Sorry for the awful question, we've got a reasonably large community and our own dedicated Linux Server. I'm trying to get about 3 - 4 servers running on the box via independent installs of steamcmd and the PZ game. I've also got a 2nd IvP4 address for the server as well. 

Whenever I go to launch the 2nd instance, I get an error on the Steam UDP ports - 16261 and 16262, saying they need to be open..,

The first instance is still running fine. I'm using the "Broadcast Server IP" feature in the 2nd Server.ini but it's still giving me the port error. There must be a way around this for Providers?! - How do I host multiple Servers on one box?!?!?!?!?!?!

Please help me as we're dying on this one - happy to pay someone ££ if they can sort this!!!!

Many Thanks,
r4ptor

Error.jpg

2 answers to this question

Hey, I am not entirely sure about this, as I've not tried running multiple instances in the same container.

But I think "Broadcast Server IP" is not actually binding to an IP, just broadcasting a specific IP to the server browser.

I'd imagine your woes would be gone if you had different ports on each server or run them in different VMs/containers with different IPs.

You need to edit your SERVERNAME.ini (servertest.ini by default), and set the port numbers in there so that they don't conflict. Specifically you'll need to make sure these two ports don't conflict for each server;

DefaultPort=16261
UDPPort=16262

Archived