Banshee_87

Question

Hi l, hopefully someone can help me. Just bought a Steam Deck and I’m trying to connect to my Linux server with the same character I log in with on my pc. It keeps flogging me the incorrect username or password message. Creating a new character works just fine. I also tried with my admin character and it also says wrong username or password. Has anyone experienced this?

3 answers to this question

7 hours ago, Banshee_87 said:

Ok I’ve found a solution, on the steam deck you need to click the eye button on the keyboard to view the hidden characters for your password. I think it may be accepting the values wrong when it’s hidden and ***** is imputed.

Thank you for posting a solution this problem! Might help someone else down the line :)

Not sure exactly what the problem is here, but this applies to actually anything. You have to reveal the password with the eye icon for any password sensitive information. If you do not, it will inject the ****s as the actual input. So for example, you're typing a server password "123". 

You type, "123", and it shows up as, "***". When you hit enter it's literally injecting your input as "***". Not sure if this is a Steam Deck issue or a Project Zomboid issue, but it's pretty sad.

Archived