Gore System

Nowthere27

I wondering if it'd be possible to implement a gore/gibbing system in the game where you kill zombies and can make their body parts pop off externally and internally. 

As in blast off their limbs or blast out their guts. 

Right now the only thing that could possibly be considered gore are the zombies being all bloody and when they rot away. Good but could be improved. 

Bladed weapons would obviously do things like dismember zombies, blunt weapons would bash them to a pulp and firearms such as the shotguns would blast chunks out of them.

There is already a pretty impressivly unreal spray of blood that ends up everywhere.  I think the problem with this would be dealing with the bodies afterwood.  Are they intact for the looting/pickup animations? Do you need to pick up limbs and bits as well as moving the body and cleaning up the blood?

12 hours ago, CannedRat said:

There is already a pretty impressivly unreal spray of blood that ends up everywhere.  I think the problem with this would be dealing with the bodies afterwood.  Are they intact for the looting/pickup animations? Do you need to pick up limbs and bits as well as moving the body and cleaning up the blood?

Yes, they're intact to loot.

No. You don't have to do anything but what you do now. 

So just some variations to the animations when the zeds are upright based on which weapon is used?  Would this do anything visual when they were on the ground?  I think shooting a zed on the ground with a shotgun could probably toss some parts around,  also the heavy caliber rifles could have a chance to grenade the body.  Pistols... not so much, although the large caliber pistols could be visually more destructive.

I think decapitation/delimb would be a worthwhile animation for the long blades/axes.  Short blades are already pretty sorted.  Long and short blunts are already fine.   

Vehicular homicide is already visually enough, so I don't think this would add much to that sort of event.

Edited by CannedRat