Completely destroying building doesn't remove interior space properties

Tklucis

Question

Hello,

I am having an issue regarding interior spaces in Project Zomboid where after destroying the entire building from floor to roof (even the small triangle portions) does not remove interior properties of the house - lights, shadows, etc. It appears as if I am still inside the building and all sightlines are blocked as if the walls and the roof was still on. Am I missing something? Are the interior spaces hard coded or am I missing a layer?

Not sure if anyone else has asked this question before but I would like to know the answer to it nevertheless to fix or at the very least avoid these kinds of situations where I would like to build something of my own in place of an existing building.

1 answer to this question

Structures on the map can't be removed fully, there is a lot of additional data for rooms that the game wants and does not get deleted when you remove all the tiles. Inversely, player-built structures also behave differently from proper buildings for the same reason, only this time it is missing the data instead of leaving it behind

Archived