Small tweaks to learning in Multiplayer

Frosty83

2 quick things I think would be fast and easy tweaks to XP/learning in multiplayer servers.

1) The VHS tapes are not consumed when watched (good) but cannot be used to gain XP from if you die and make a new character under the same account. I'd argue this is bad as there's no logical reason for this, and indeed it is inconsistent with the behaviour of Skill books which also are not consumed when read but give the XP benefit on all characters made under the same account. You can bypass this by changing account details for a new character, but it just seems like it'd be a quick and easy fix, add consistency, and convenience for players.

2) Reading is very slow by default which is realistic, but in single player you can speed up time to zip through books meaning game play doesn't stagnate and get boring. In multiplayer there's no time speed up, so books take a painful amount of time to read, even with the faster reading perk. I have personally tweaked this multiplayer server setting to be 10x faster at 0.1 minutes per page, but I think it would make sense for the games internal logic to compensate for this automatically. That way you can have official default settings like 'survivor' or 'Apocalypse' at their default of 1 minute per page but have the server apply an internal multi like say 3x, or 5x or whatever is considered balanced.

This is more of a nitpick than anything, I quite like the idea of hosting a server with pre-made settings so everyone knows what to expect, as long as those settings a vaguely sane, and the OCD part of me doesn't like customization. But I was just forced through sheer tearful boredom of reading times to alter this for multiplayer. Besides many other players may not find it easy to tweak these settings or may just want to dive in with defaults but find this particular one very frustrating. Sane defaults make sense to me.