Kitchen cloths and towels sometimes don't work

Carlos Rojas_cu

Sometimes kitchen rags or towels don't dry the player.
It has it in the inventory, but it does not perform the action of drying the player even if he is wet.
It's not always, it's sometimes it happens

Is it a bug or is it my problem?

I always play in single player mode.

I am sorry for my bad english

Edited by Carlos Rojas_cu

did you happen to check the condition that it was in before you dried yourself the first time?

when you loot them I think the condition is rolled (how much water it will hold before its "used up"). if you loot it and its condition is low it wont do anything or much.

when you dry yourself the bar drops then it changes items and then when its dry it changes back

My apologies, today I checked and my brother had installed the snake pack, maybe that was it. But there was no report of such a problem in the Steam workshop.
I tried both items just picked up and sometimes they didn't work

I'm going to wait for the new stable version and I'll try with mods and without mods. I currently have it uninstalled while waiting for a stable version such as 41.65.
I will keep reporting

My in-game translator adds this item in Spanish as: Kitchen Rags

Dish_Towel_120px.png.746eb2af27c4cf0dddb2facc83af4112.png

Edited by Carlos Rojas_cu

• 4 weeks later...

I have this problem in solo vanilla (no mods) AND in MP on the Medium Vanilla PZ server, which has some minor mods for dance emotes and chat bubbles.  Bath towels, even full bar remaining, do not give the "dry self" option when right clicked (in inventory, in a container, etc.)  Dish Towels always show the option, even when I'm not wet.  WHen I am wet, the progress bar appears and they become wet for awhile.  It's 41.68 Steam version.

On 3/4/2022 at 1:28 PM, Carlos Rojas_cu said:

My apologies, today I checked and my brother had installed the snake pack, maybe that was it. But there was no report of such a problem in the Steam workshop.
I tried both items just picked up and sometimes they didn't work

I'm going to wait for the new stable version and I'll try with mods and without mods. I currently have it uninstalled while waiting for a stable version such as 41.65.
I will keep reporting

My in-game translator adds this item in Spanish as: Kitchen Rags

Dish_Towel_120px.png.746eb2af27c4cf0dddb2facc83af4112.png

Does this happen when char is wet from the rain or in any other case? (there are 2 options basically, one is for when char has been in the rain and one where char has been hot / running and is now sweating - these are 2 different things and dry self might not work for when char is sweaty)