java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.io.IOException: No space left on device.

DuH_

Hello,

I'm "testing" with a new platform that wants to introduce PZ for hosting. This error(Title) has occurred to me more than once.

The first time, it was a reason for RAM memory (I think), because I was using 6/6gb.

We increased it to 8GB and the stream stayed at 6.68-7.58 and I had no issues. Now in the morning I went to restart the server and this error occurred to me again.

The hosting has CPU: UNLIMITED / RAM: 8GB / DISK SPACE: 3.53GB/10GB

Can someone help me?
Here is the boot log.

https://pastebin.com/debuglog-server

No, but I warned him to contact him. But it's weird that this happens.

The server was using less RAM than TOTAL, as I said, there were 8GB and it used 6.68GB with oscillations at 7.56GB.

Edited by DuH_

Was a solution found to this problem? I'm having the exact same error.

ERROR: General , 1646404898844> 17,801,133,253> java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.io.IOException: No space left on device

Kres

• 1 month later...

As far as I know, it is not caused by many mini files on the disk or anything similar, but due to the Docker not having the correct permissions assigned to it to create the backup successfully.
The fix is correct though, since disabling the backup means there is no need for those permissions.

• 1 year later...

Hey folks!

Hope you don't mind the necro, but I have your answer.

The server writes a copy of the world into /tmp/ while building the backup.

In cases where your /tmp/ is a separate volume this begins to fail once the world is too large to fit into your /tmp/ volume.

The OP is using Pterodactyl. It mounts a tmpfs at /tmp/ in each of the containers and the default limit of this tmpfs is 100MB.
Increasing the tmpfs size in Pterodactyl I was able to get this working.