How to add a map mod to my (gportal) server ?

Kiske

Hello,

I just started hosting a server with gportal and I would like to add map mods to it.

Let's take an example : I want to add West Point Expansion (by ww2commander) - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2195155059

Workshop ID: 2195155059
Mod ID: WestPointExpansion
Map Folder: west_point_expansion

So... I added Workshop ID and Mod ID like for any mod but what should I do with Map Folder ? Do I need to create it on my server ? Where ? Do I need to upload things in it ?

I looked for answers here, on YouTube, pzwiki & my search engine but no clue... I guess it's pretty simple since it seems I'm the only one wondering how to do :'(

Could anyone help me ? :D

Thanks in Advance,

Have fun,

Kiske.

Clueless.png

On 2/1/2022 at 10:50 PM, Kiske said:

Hello,

I just started hosting a server with gportal and I would like to add map mods to it.

Let's take an example : I want to add West Point Expansion (by ww2commander) - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2195155059

Workshop ID: 2195155059
Mod ID: WestPointExpansion
Map Folder: west_point_expansion

So... I added Workshop ID and Mod ID like for any mod but what should I do with Map Folder ? Do I need to create it on my server ? Where ? Do I need to upload things in it ?

I looked for answers here, on YouTube, pzwiki & my search engine but no clue... I guess it's pretty simple since it seems I'm the only one wondering how to do :'(

Could anyone help me ? :D

Thanks in Advance,

Have fun,

Kiske.

Clueless.png

Did you figure it out?

I have a small server with some friends on gportal. We have seen almost all cities and need a new adventure, so i tried to add some maps, 

Like Bedford, Erie, Fort Knox, etc. I even started only with one and we all went there to see if it works. but it doesnt. We see it on in-game map, but only forrest appear.

WorkshopID & ModIDs are added, i added it to Maps= *** too, with Muldraugh, KY last , so the maps are there for spawing when starting the game,. but still we just spawn in a forrest. 

I would also post my settings files if its need for finding the error. 

Any help is appreciated

Joshji

I have a Server there as well and it works fine, just needs more work somehow then others i used.

How i fixed it:

Stop the Running Server then:

1 Setup a Game for a local Host with every mod and map needed. 

2 Save your Settings

3 Browse you local Server Files and open the .ini you just saved

4 Copy

Mod=

Map=

inlcuding all you added.

5 Copy the Ini via ftp from your Server and overwrite the lines in there with your copy

6 Do the same with the id

7 Reupload you editet .ini to the server

8 Kill ALL Data in the server directory (you need/want a clean fresh map!)

9 Restart Server

10 should work now

Edit: Every time you change an option via webinterface you will kill you mapsettings btw. The Browser only allows the basic map settings by default. So do that before any changes to the .ini is made.

Edited by Druktar