Fertilizer in Build 21?

tish

Has anyone found any fertilizer in build 21?  I've checked over half the sheds/garages and the hardware store in Westpoint with no luck.

I haven't checked the Gigamart or the warehouse yet and before I risk life and limb doing so I wanted to see if anyone else has found any or if it's not in this build.

Thanks.

What exactly does the fertilizer accomplish? Anyone know? I found some the other day, and have 8 crops of broccoli growing right now, and fertilized half just to see what would happen. Doesn't seem to be doing anything yet though.

It help to grow it faster

What exactly does the fertilizer accomplish? Anyone know? I found some the other day, and have 8 crops of broccoli growing right now, and fertilized half just to see what would happen. Doesn't seem to be doing anything yet though.

It help to grow it faster

In theory but I think farming is still bugged.  I have one strawberry patch that's been stuck on day 5 of 7 for 5-6 days now, and another that's stuck at day 2 of 7.  I was originally after fertilizer to see if that would boost it, but now it looks like the problems spread to other crops so I've written down what crops are where and how far along they are so I can see which ones aren't doing anything.

Yes, sadly I am the obsessive/compulsive type :D

I found one bag in West Point today.

Thanks invader Jim, it's nice to know that it might be there somewhere.

In theory but I think farming is still bugged.  I have one strawberry patch that's been stuck on day 5 of 7 for 5-6 days now, and another that's stuck at day 2 of 7.  I was originally after fertilizer to see if that would boost it, but now it looks like the problems spread to other crops so I've written down what crops are where and how far along they are so I can see which ones aren't doing anything.

Yes, sadly I am the obsessive/compulsive type

Those are seven stages. They are not seven days. Some plants mature faster than others but stage 5 is not day 5. 

Really ? For me when i check the info of the plants it says nothing like it will appear ??? everywhere, but it will only tell me if its well watered or not 

And if i go somewhere for a long time my plants  instead of growing it will ungrow (reverse of growing) if you know what I mean, 

Really ? For me when i check the info of the plants it says nothing like it will appear ??? everywhere, but it will only tell me if its well watered or not 

And if i go somewhere for a long time my plants  instead of growing it will ungrow (reverse of growing) if you know what I mean, 

The information you get depends on your farming level, I'm level 3 at the moment and I can see the growth level but not the line underneath it.

Yes, sadly I am the obsessive/compulsive type

Those are seven stages. They are not seven days. Some plants mature faster than others but stage 5 is not day 5. 

That's what I originally thought but then I read a post somewhere and I must have misunderstood.  Having said that it was stuck on level 5 for over an ingame week which seemed a really long time, but it's just clicked over to level 6 so ... no-one ever accused me of being patient ;) .

While we're obsessing over gardening, has anyone managed to get carrots or radishes to grow?  I know that they need less water than the other plants but given that it rains at least twice a day in my game I don't see how I can get them to grow.  Any helpful advice?

I only ever grow broccoli, potatoes, cabbage, and tomatoes. They're the only crops I've never had a problem with, and I can't seem to ever get anything else to grow without bugging out at one point or another. I've never seen a carrot, radish, or strawberry harvested.

I've been able to get strawberries to grow, in one game when I fertilized them I managed to get 2 crops from the same planting in as many days, and I've just picked my first crop in my current game.

It's carrots and radishes that stymie me, I read either on the wiki or a thread here that they need 35-65% watering to grow but I've never been able to find anywhere dry enough to stop them from getting water logged.  At the moment I've got 1 planting of carrots under a little porch thingy outside the front door of my safe house.  I've been able to get those to level 2 growth but I don't hold our much hope because they still get water logged.

My next attempt will be once we're able to build second floors again, to build a little platform/sniping perch to check on the 'neighbours' over my back fence and I'll try planting them under there to see if that keeps them dryer.

.... This topic should probably be changed to 'growing carrots & radishes' now.

Archived