[Mod Request] Eradication Mode Story

texeon

I'm not sure if there is already a mod for this and I have seen people say that this isn't a zombie slaying game but I was wondering if it would be possible to implement and eradication story mode.

Basically the idea is that either you by yourself or a group of players/npcs wish to clear the zombie plague from Maldraugh, KY through eradication.

You set out and clear the city cell by cell in a bid to secure its safety and make it a habitable place to live again, just like the 28 weeks later movie.

It should have a completion system, just like in a game where you need to get all the achievements, but this requires every zombie to be killed, including the ones out in the forests, in closets, etc.

This idea should be implemented into a highly urban scene, e.g. a city

Why? Because if you were to eradicate the city, what's to stop the zombies from re-infesting a cell or block? If you do it in a city, you can provide an option to lock it down, or you barricade buildings, roads, etc.

The players should have the option to set the amount of zombies in the map, just like how you can choose to use proper or modified zombies in sandbox.

A good population may be like Muldraugh with a population of 3565. Shouldn't take too long for a team of players or a group of NPCs led by a player to eradicate, although unless you're using modified weapons or have some good skill points, it should give a good amount of play time.

It should also be made so that if you don't properly lock down a cell, then when the zombies move around due to stimulus (like gun fire in the distance), they will reinfest cells, increasing the work for the survivors.

I also think a good feature would be that if you die while trying to eradicate the zombies, you take over the control over another member of your team or camp, where failure results in every member physical able to perform the task being killed or turned.

Can I code LUA, or mod PZ? - No, I have no experience in this, I can make maps for l4d 1 & 2 and have been working on a GTA III mod, but other than that, I have no modding capabilities.

I'm sorry to put this idea out there and I don't want someone to take up the job of doing this, but I think it is a good idea that would be cool to see done!

Thanks for reading, I hope this is a useful and valid idea!

Thanks for the feedback, yeah I hope it gets implemented and personally, I don't think it could take too long, a few modifications to the zombies distribution of each cell for this mode and making a new map or using a modded map for it would make the job easier.

I suggested this idea on Dead Frontier.com but I don't think they were interested.

I'd love to see this kind of thing implemented in games like Dead Rising or The Last of Us, making parts of the mall or the city habitable, would be awesome!

don't know if it still is valid but zombies are already a defined number.

they don't spawn out of nowhere.

if I'm correct the map is split in cells, each cell has a zombie count.

if some event (gunfire/or another sound) happens in a cell nearby the count of this cell will decrease while that of where the sound happend increases.

"?WHAT and those square zombie places? those are spawned zombies no?"

yes indeed they are spawned, but out of the zombie count for that cell. if the zombie counter for that cell is 0 there wont be any zombies to 'spawn'

as of your ideas? with re-infesting do you mean reanimate the bodies you just killed? :) o my that would make it near impossible with the current map, and surely with the expansion of the map they are working on.

Yes the zombies prespawn, however they spawn indefinitely, I think I've read that previously cleared cells will eventually re-infest because that's how the game's programmed, otherwise there would be no zombies left to kill.

What I'm saying is to have a predefined zombie population that does not replenish. What I mean about the reinfestation is the zombies in the cells that haven't been touched, when they hear a sound such as the gunfire you make to eradicate zombies, they will migrate towards you, and if there is a cell you haven't boarded up, barricaded, locked down, guarded, then zombies from another cell will reinfest an empty cell. However their originating cell will reduce in numbers, but there will be a zombie threat closer to home.

No zombies will reanimate, its all predefined, the only reanimation will occur if you're eaten.