Help, the game suddenly stopped, and crashed my save

Storman

Hi there, so i was just playing as normal(and by normal i mean with some mods) when the game stopped, i shut it down, and when i tried to load it, it crashed after the loading screen.

I have tried creating a new character twice, one of them was just by using the load menu, and in the second attempt  i deleted the file "players.db" (since i couldn't find the map_p.bin file in the save folder and  i know shit about this stuff, so i thought they were "the same"), anyway, in both cases the game loads ok, but it crashes everytime i enter the area where it crashed the first time, and it is weird because it was an already explored area.

The mods i use are: modoptions, Arsenal(26)GunFighter, Brita, FRUsedCarsBETA, FRUsedCarsFT, FRUsedCarsNRN, SGuns, ScrapWeapons, Unique Firearm Progression, BetterSortCC, KnoxCountryMap_OGSN, FashionMontage, autotsartrailers, tsarslib, TMC_ZuperCart, Max, Authentic Z - Current, AuthenticZ, ATA_Jeep, ORTREDSTONE, Fort Knox, Otr, OtrSR, RavenCreek, aomanimation, 92amgeneralM998, Brita_2, EliazFitnessStrengthBooks, KCMcrossbow, Hydrocraft,TheStar,DRK_1, cheatmenu,

And that's pretty much all, hope there's somebody out there to help me, coz it was a really fun gameplay, or at least tell me what is the issue so i dont break another save.

Thank you so much!

chunkdata_26_36.bin chunkdata_26_37.bin save.zip save.zip save.zip

The most likely answer is that there is a mod item that is bugged in the area that the crash happens, only fix would be to remove the item somehow or remove the mod so the item deletes itself. You would need to share the "logs.zip" file found in "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid" after the game crashes in that area again if you want to know what item it might be.

Hey! first of all,thank you so much for the response, 

Here is the logs.zip: https://we.tl/t-xpMsRLUdaC

but i don´t know how to find the item itself, the only thing i can find is an error

"[08-11-21 15:26:22.981] ERROR: General 1636381582981> ExceptionLogger.logException> Exception thrown java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "zombie.inventory.InventoryItem.setCondition(int)" because "<local3>" is null at InventoryItem.update line:830.. "

which i googled,and i found it was related to a chainsaw, but idk for sure

Thanks again

Yes that error find is correct, seems like there is a problem with the chainsaw item, which does not spawn by default in standard vanilla. Meaning there is a mod enabled that spawns that weapon and the item breaks for some reason due to that. Now the process to fix this is probably difficult, because the chainsaw is a vanilla item, even though it doesnt spawn, meaning removing the mod that spawned it wont remove the item and therefore fix the issue.

The most likely fix would be to delete the whole chunk where the item is, though depending on the area you might not want to do that, as it will delete the whole 10x10 area with all the items and constructions.

On 11/7/2021 at 9:02 AM, Storman said:

Hi there, so i was just playing as normal(and by normal i mean with some mods) when the game stopped, i shut it down, and when i tried to load it, it crashed after the loading screen.

I have tried creating a new character twice, one of them was just by using the load menu, and in the second attempt  i deleted the file "players.db" (since i couldn't find the map_p.bin file in the save folder and  i know shit about this stuff, so i thought they were "the same"), anyway, in both cases the game loads ok, but it crashes everytime i enter the area where it crashed the first time, and it is weird because it was an already explored area.

The mods i use are: modoptions, Arsenal(26)GunFighter, Brita, FRUsedCarsBETA, FRUsedCarsFT, FRUsedCarsNRN, SGuns, ScrapWeapons, Unique Firearm Progression, BetterSortCC, KnoxCountryMap_OGSN, FashionMontage, autotsartrailers, tsarslib, TMC_ZuperCart, Max, Authentic Z - Current, AuthenticZ, ATA_Jeep, ORTREDSTONE, Fort Knox, Otr, OtrSR, RavenCreek, aomanimation, 92amgeneralM998, Brita_2, EliazFitnessStrengthBooks, KCMcrossbow, Hydrocraft,TheStar,DRK_1, cheatmenu,

And that's pretty much all, hope there's somebody out there to help me, coz it was a really fun gameplay, or at least tell me what is the issue so i dont break another save.

Thank you so much!

chunkdata_26_36.bin 1.96 kB · 0 downloads chunkdata_26_37.bin 2.44 kB · 0 downloads save.zip 24.57 MB · 0 downloads save.zip 24.57 MB · 0 downloads save.zip 24.57 MB · 0 downloads

hey bro dont worry ive had my game crash more times than i can count, usually when it crashes you can just try reloading the save, it doesnt always fix it but it usually works after 2-5 attempts