[41.54] Music .bank - how to mod?

lordixi

Hi. I opened "ZomboidMusic.bank" and found many wav-files! It's music, but it cutted ti pieces like a cake.

I think about music mod to return Early Access compositions.

Can u explain:

• Why music was cutted exactly at that pieces?
  • What script rule this bank-music?
  • What means "100bpm" in wav-file names?
  • What means "8bar" in wav-file names?

It would be great if someone writes modding music tutorial.

upd. and last question - is it possible in 41.54 turn ambient off?

13 hours ago, lordixi said:

Can u explain:

• Why music was cutted exactly at that pieces?
  • What script rule this bank-music?
  • What means "100bpm" in wav-file names?
  • What means "8bar" in wav-file names?

• The music was cut so it could be more dynamic, rather than play a full song. The songs connect to each other, with snippets which allows them to loop while the character is in danger, and end when the character is out of danger.
  • I'm not sure what script controls it or if it's even accessible, at least at this stage as we're gathering feedback and balancing so we need everyone at the same level. As far as I'm aware the majority is done through FMOD and Java with no Lua exposed.
  • BPM is beats per minute, which is basically the speed of the song. The amount of beats counted per minute. 100BPM is 100 beats every 60 seconds.
  • A bar is just a way of making music easier to read and understand by separating sections of the songs into bars. If you take a 4 bar song in the list, for easy sake, and count with the drums '1, 2, 3, 4', that's the easiest way of doing it. That's 4 beats in that bar. If there's 8, you add an 'and' between those '1 AND 2 AND 3 AND 4 AND', and then there's 8 beats in that bar.

But those two last ones are delving into music theory which you don't really need to know, and something I'm certainly not a master of and am not confident enough with it to be sure it's even correct. ;)

13 hours ago, lordixi said:

upd. and last question - is it possible in 41.54 turn ambient off?

Not sure what you mean. The ambient sounds?

Also I'm just going to remove how you accessed the files from your post, as even though it's fairly easy, I think it's best to not immediately promote it. :)

19 hours ago, MadDan2013 said:

Not sure what you mean. The ambient sounds?

I mean all 41.54 Noiseworks and this cutted-music-style. Maybe only cutted-music-style. I started to play Zomboid far-far ago, when devs said that they would not create multiplayer. I love music from that time and just want to turn it back in 41.54+. Now in 41.54 i have to turn music off, because only new-reworked music remained and there is no choice. Old-early music is so clear, so bright? so classic! :rolleyes: Without that echoes. Tastes are differ.

19 hours ago, MadDan2013 said:

Also I'm just going to remove how you accessed the files from your post, as even though it's fairly easy, I think it's best to not immediately promote it. :)

No problems ;). But on Steam appear first 41.54-music mod.

And thank you very much for explanations! :)

Edited by lordixi