Close Window Animation Delay

Kappatao

Just thought I'd pop this out there since there seems to be a focus on polish ATM (even though it's probably already known), but I feel the "close window" animation which often starts playing as the character turns to face the window would benefit from a slight delay in triggering, to allow the player to turn and face the window, THEN play the close animation.

The window key formats aren't great and I lost a character I spent a lot of time on because I closed a window rather than climbing through it. Holding E should open the window. Pressing E should be the way to climb through windows. Diving through windows while jogging or sprinting would be cool although dubious as to if it is worthwhile. The game needs more hotkeys, it would be nice if I could break windows and remove glass with singular keypresses instead of clicking menus. Escape From Tarkov has a lot of keybinds you can use to interact with items without using any UI and its honestly a great system. 

I'll explore a format of keybinds for window interaction:

X

• Press - Break
  • Hold continuously - Break and remove glass, hold further to pick up glass

E

• Press - Traverse
  • Hold - Open/close

Alt + E

• Press - Open/close  Curtains
  • Hold - Remove/Add curtains

16 hours ago, Badgzerz said:

The window key formats aren't great and I lost a character I spent a lot of time on because I closed a window rather than climbing through it. Holding E should open the window. Pressing E should be the way to climb through windows. Diving through windows while jogging or sprinting would be cool although dubious as to if it is worthwhile. The game needs more hotkeys, it would be nice if I could break windows and remove glass with singular keypresses instead of clicking menus. Escape From Tarkov has a lot of keybinds you can use to interact with items without using any UI and its honestly a great system. 

I'll explore a format of keybinds for window interaction:

X

• Press - Break
  • Hold continuously - Break and remove glass, hold further to pick up glass

E

• Press - Traverse
  • Hold - Open/close

Alt + E

• Press - Open/close  Curtains
  • Hold - Remove/Add curtains

I like your suggestions. I'd just add that at least for me, I'd find it more convenient to press E to open, and hold E to close a window (but that would probably confuse newer players). Also FYI, pressing CTRL+ E will open and close curtains currently.