Whats going on with my Gameversion?!

Steiner420

Question

Hello Everyone I am not sure where to post about this so im just going to do it here.

It appears to me that my version of PZ is different (older?) than all the other versions that I see on youtube. Ingame it sais version 40.43 (Steam). I am playing a gamesave solo -> "survival - the recommended zomboid expreience"

For example:

• I dont have resistance stats on clothes.
  • My Animations look different.
  • Backpacks and other items that I wear dont show up on the 3D Model of my character
  • I cant crouch with "c" (nor do i see this option in keybinds)
  • One more thing that may be related: my game crashes every time shortly after i start it, unless i delete the file %userprofile%/zomboid/options.ini

What is going on here? Thanks in advance.

3 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Steiner420 said:

Hello Everyone I am not sure where to post about this so im just going to do it here.

It appears to me that my version of PZ is different (older?) than all the other versions that I see on youtube. Ingame it sais version 40.43 (Steam). I am playing a gamesave solo -> "survival - the recommended zomboid expreience"

For example:

• I dont have resistance stats on clothes.
  • My Animations look different.
  • I cant crouch with "c" (nor do i see this option in keybinds)
  • One more thing that may be related: my game crashes every time shortly after i start it, unless i delete the file %userprofile%/zomboid/options.ini

What is going on here? Thanks in advance.

To elaborate on the last point: My entire PC begins to slow down and it become very stuttery until eventually my PC reboots.
Specs: WIN10, AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, radeon 5800 xt

Archived