Thoughts on traps, water, fire, cooking and so on

MGWhiskers

Fire.
there's tangible part of players persuaded, that weaponized fire is too op. that there's no way player should be getting access to half a town worth loot only because he has a molotov/campfire. i'm not it the camp of #NerfFire or #FireproofZeds team, but if fire shall be nerfed, then it should be done reasonable and logical. therefore i'm suggesting the following: since fire spreads over a horde through chain reaction zed-grass-zed, dead fallen burning zed can act as grass. to make fire less effective, could be increased the time of exposure to fire before a zed catches up in flames, plus some chance that the flame on zed goes out, as it happens with player's character. as for campfires - they should be trampled if certain amount of zeds passes though it.

Traps.
if you nerf one player's tool, something esle must be given in return, otherwise its just a nerf-fest. hence i think traps for zeds should be added if fire will be nefred. a pit or a ditch that is human height deep. covered or not with leaves and brances, in which you can lure some amount of zeds, without any way to escape (since zeds unable to climb tall fence). now i know minus one floor is not a thing for pz yet, so it could be not a physical pit with real 3d zeds in it, but just a 2d sprite that will show if the pit is empty, or there's some zeds in it. and when the pit is full, lets say its 8zeds to fill the pit, it will act as regular and even grown for other zeds. for player it will be a death trap, since zeds inside are still functional.

Water
water pressure goes out on 4 or 5th day iirc, but that such a minor and neglectable thing because of residual water in the taps, that i dont really feel it when i roam a city in search of loot, coz i always can go to another house and get myself a full bottle of pristine water. to increase water's value, it should go bad in 25ish days since the pressure is out. i mean everyone knows that still water, especially in closed container can start smell funny after a week or so, depending on ambient temperature of course.

Cooking.
Player can use weapons that also serves as a tool in cooking process. rolling pins, knives, machete. if the tool is bloody, it should add a hidden infection to the food it was used with. (infection might be cured if the food passed 
specific heat treatment?). and that food should apply the virus to player as if he was bitten.
i mean really, 30 minutes ago you pulled that knife from some zed's jaw, and now you cuting bread with it, or gutting fish?

Etc.
this one came from my very own expirience. my character held a lug wrench in his main hand, and on command to break a window, he used his elbow, while a damn pen works just fine for this purpose. shouldnt any solid enought item, espesially the one made of metal make this procedure safe?

apologies for any grammar, not a native speaker

Edited by MGWhiskers