No sandbox options?

Manterok

When I select custom sandbox it usually takes me to the sandbox options, as you all know. The last couple times I selected it, it skipped me straight to character selection. Does anyone know why? Also I've tried starting a game up about 3 times in a row, and after it says "this is how you died" it just stops. Quits doing anything at all. I figured that could be from a mod I have selected, but it's very frustrating since it takes forever to start the game up, then it takes forever to load the scenario....and well...it's hard to tell when to just give up on it, because it might load in 5 more seconds, but I'll never know because I just closed it down....anyone else experiencing this sort of dilemma?

You should probably list what mods you are using, and well as your system specifications. Are you using the public build? Heavier mods like Hydrocraft, or simply using several mods may increase loading times. You should also try disabling all mods, restarting the game and see if it loads up without them. If it does, then try loading the mods one at a time until you run in to an problem and then note which mod it is.

If you're on Steam, you should try to verify the integrity of the game files. This often fixes odd issues.  

Right Click on Project Zomboid on the Steam Game list

Select Properties

Local Files tab at the top

Verify Integrity of Game Files, and wait. It will tell you if any files were replaced when it completes.

Other than that, while it's loading don't click or impatiently hit keys on the keyboard trying to skip. When some programs are loading and not currently accepting user input, Windows will read the spamming of keys and the lack of reaction from the application and may trigger a prompt about the application not responding, which can cause compound responsiveness issues on slower systems. And some programs really don't like the focus being taken off them while they are loading.  If this is a potential issue with Project Zomboid I don't know, but it's mostly just a good policy to go by. Don't hit keys or alt+tab while things are loading. 

Archived