SteamOS: My Worries

Rathlord

You said don't talk about the DRM because it led to something good.

Oh the irony :D

And the fact that the term is bandied about by fools constantly does not impact my rebuttal In any way. That, too, is a fallacious assumption.

Find me where I'm dismissing your argument on these grounds. You, however, have just assumed something I did not assume, and dismissed this non-existent assumption as fallacious. :D

before anyone uses Steam DRM as an argument against Steam can they remember...

That, my dear Rathlord, is not an argument by any definition, but a request. I were to make an argument, it would be that Valve's impact and track record concerning PC gaming is not irrelevant to a discussion on what's ultimately the best for PC gaming.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say the one thing I'm looking forward to is that controller. It sounds bloody awesome from the patent docs.

You seen the vid? sexy as fook. Though there is the question of how much it'll knack your thumbs after hours of playing.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2425744,00.asp

Actually the patented one I saw was a bit different. It had ports to change out analogue sticks with something out. Now it seems they've done away with them all together.

It looks fantastically useable and fun, though. The one worry I have would be (in the video) it seems they almost certainly have acceleration. I'm sure you'll be able to turn it off, but I'm not sure with a surface that small it will offer the range of motion you'd need for fps's. That's always the big thing computer players push when worrying about controllers. I don't do any gaming heavy enough to worry about it, certainly, but it should be interesting to see how it works. It's definitely going to be the best controller on the market in my opinion.

Regardless, I will almost certainly be picking one of those up if they're decently priced.

I will say the one thing I'm looking forward to is that controller. It sounds bloody awesome from the patent docs.

You seen the vid? sexy as fook. Though there is the question of how much it'll knack your thumbs after hours of playing.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2425744,00.asp

Actually the patented one I saw was a bit different. It had ports to change out analogue sticks with something out. Now it seems they've done away with them all together.

It looks fantastically useable and fun, though. The one worry I have would be (in the video) it seems they almost certainly have acceleration. I'm sure you'll be able to turn it off, but I'm not sure with a surface that small it will offer the range of motion you'd need for fps's. That's always the big thing computer players push when worrying about controllers. I don't do any gaming heavy enough to worry about it, certainly, but it should be interesting to see how it works. It's definitely going to be the best controller on the market in my opinion.

Regardless, I will almost certainly be picking one of those up if they're decently priced.

Hm no they say specifically in the vid they designed it to be completely 1 to 1 to avoid acceleration. :)