The Great Loot Search - A Study on Starting House Loot Hauls

ShylokVakarian

Back to Study Central

Hello, ladies and gentlezombies, and welcome to The Great Loot Search!  This study evolved from a study suggested to me, in which users were to search the house they spawned in for a decent-sized bag.  Like all good studies, this was expanded into something that knocked out more than one bird with a single shotgun blast.  Do not worry, suggester, your question will be answered in due time, as well as so much more.

Thing is with this study: It's a little time consuming, and quite dreadfully boring, to be Frank.  Now I'm going to stop being Frank, and start being me again.  The good news is, I've created a printable list of things you will need to take inventory of.  I suggest starting from the left column, working your way down the list, then working down the middle column, and finally finishing with the right column.

Onward, for SCIENCE!

A List, for SCIENCE!

Need to know what's expected of you before you start gathering data?  Take a looksies here, in this spoiler:

Spoiler

1. You will need to be using Build 36 or 37 for the study.

2. You will need to not use mods, any mods, while gathering data for the study.  Please deactivate them while gathering data.

3. You will need to not cheat, in any way, while gathering data for the study.

4. You will need to ensure that your study character starts off in a freshly-made world.  If any past characters have existed in the world your study character is in, all data from your current study character is invalid.

5. You will need to be using a Survival world for your data collection.
6. You will need to loot ONLY the house or apartment building that you have spawned in, and no nearby houses, sheds, buildings, corpses, or zombies.
7. You will need to thoroughly loot the house or apartment building you spawned in.
8. You will need to take out the contents of any bags or First Aid Kits you encounter for counting purposes.
9. You will need to take inventory of the loot listed in the printable list.

Archived