Suggestion

Quotes

Firstly apologies that this is not in the suggestion section. If I have broken any rules by posting here, please let me know, or feel free to delete.

My suggestion is to add a server option for a delayed log out, so that when a player logs out, their character stays logged in for a small amount of time like 15 seconds (server configurable)

This could alleviate a problem on PvP-enabled servers where players "combat log" i.e. logging out instead of facing their attacker.

Perhaps the online sleep code can be re-used here to have the exiting player make sleep noises ZzzzZzzz's to add a touch of realism, and also to inform others the player has just combat log.

I believe the suggestion would enrich PvP gameplay and is based in realism, a player shouldn't be able to magically disappear when they have a gun pointed at them (well, maybe only one with 10 in sneaking/nimble/lightfoot...)

It understand it might be difficult to change the game code to allow for this, but I don't know for sure, I guess it would depend on how the existing code is written for the server to know when a player has exited/disconnected.

Thanks.

• Kirrus locked this topic

Archived