The server is not responding - my new server cant work :(

tosayu

I know we have a lot of threads on this over time, but for the life of me I can't figure this one out.

A while back I had a PZ server. Loved it. I decided to restart it. Since there have been some updates, I deleted all my local content, including the the Zomboid folder in my profile.

After reinstalling the game and restarting the server, I couldn't connect. I get "The server is not responding" message . I have port 16261-16272 forwarded to the correct static ip with both udp and tcp. Firewall rules all look good.

I have set up lots of servers and am comfortable with servers and networks on an intermediate level--I have network+ certification and some job experience.

I just am stuck.  So I decided to go the PZ CMD Server route with SteamCMD, and I got that set up as well. I  have a little experience with it because I set up StarMade and and Counter-Strike Source with this method on a different computer a while back.

I get the same error.  I really don't know why this could be...any help at all?  Using SteamCMD for PZ,  I didn't understand this portion:

Steam servers require two additional ports to function (I'm guessing they are both UDP ports, but you may need TCP as well).  These are in addition to the DefaultPort= setting.  These can be specified in two ways:

• In the server's INI file as SteamPort1= and SteamPort2=.
  • Using command-line options -steamport1 and -steamport2.

• What does that even mean? What ports do I forward? Do I add "SteamPort1=" and "SteamPort2=" in the server ini file at the bottom? Is there a special port or do I leave it blank? 

Or am I better off just using the old method of setting up a server? My dedicated  box does have Project Zomboid purchased via Steam, so I can use the old method.

I am just frustrated since I don't see any clear instructions on this.

Thank you for any help...

Archived