From Zero, To A Hundred!

Johnny

So, I'm about a week or two into my character, my favourite, recent survivor...

As I'm a relatively murderous player, I plow through areas with Zombies in them... My base, which was the Sunstar Hotel, was very much clear of zombies, only having to do a perimeter check once in... well... forever.

So, I got inspiration from the most recent Mondoid, where a player decided to barricade the hotel entrance with furniture. I'd often collect furniture from nearby buildings to use for my barricade. 

A usual day, throwing furniture down into a messy pile, when I noticed a helicopter flying around...

I noticed that a zombie'd walked past my barricade, and, as expected, lunged at me. 

Never once did things go from 0 -> 100 so fast! I zoomed out and there must have been a hundred or more zombies storming to my location! It was at this moment I remembered Helicopters would fly over your location if you stay in the open! 

I felt so stupid staying outside... This was basic knowledge to me!

I attacked about a quarter of the turnout before deciding to hide in a nearby house, and resume thinning the herd the next morning.

Now, I've taken out the main risk, the lingering zombie, and few packs about... but man, I'm chuffed that things can go from calm living, to fighting for your life! 

Never once have I had an experience like this, and.. well... became quite cocky since I thought this WOULDN'T happen easily.

Thanks! :D

This game is something else. No matter how well you think you are prepared, all it takes is a single bite. My deaths all came because i got cocky.

I cant wait to see what they do with npcs

Me too man... played 830+ Hours, and... I won't say I'm bad at it (Only die when I choose to), but this, was a real eye opener... NPC's will give the game a whole new level to it!

This game is something else. No matter how well you think you are prepared, all it takes is a single bite. My deaths all came because i got cocky.

One of my first deaths were because I was walking around to the warehouse, and I noticed something that was going on on TV that caught my attention. Looked away for 3 seconds and when I looked back. my face was being chomped on.

Moral of the story is, yours truly has a very small attention span.

One of my first deaths were because I was walking around to the warehouse, and I noticed something that was going on on TV that caught my attention. Looked away for 3 seconds and when I looked back. my face was being chomped on.

Ha ha, i remember one play, where i had survived for couple of months, stockpile of food, weapons and pharmaceutical items was plenty. Had absolutely no need to try and loot that last closet, which i knew holds some building supplies. I knew it was a small place, but when u play any other game, at this stage you are invincible and dont fear anything. Well PZ isnt any other game, as i opened that door, two zombies charged, and got a scratch in, i felt so safe just because i had a lot of weapons, even though i cured the infection, i got nausea, then fever, and no matter what i did, i died. It was so upsetting, i was such a high level, and like i said in any other game a single zombie would never be a threat at that stage.

I remember when deciding whether to purchase PZ or not, and one of the feedback's said "its the closest you will ever get to experience the zombie apocalypse", i thought surely thats rubbish, i mean how can a top down game be better a better representation of an apocalypse than a game like Dayz or 7d2d, and 7d2d as awesome as it is, doesnt trully capture that feel.

TV is definitely a killer... even if there aren't zombies around. The amount of times I've been caught of guard, but survived man (Oh, not to forget the times I didn't survive!)

Ha ha, i remember one play, where i had survived for couple of months, stockpile of food, weapons and pharmaceutical items was plenty. Had absolutely no need to try and loot that last closet, which i knew holds some building supplies. I knew it was a small place, but when u play any other game, at this stage you are invincible and dont fear anything. Well PZ isnt any other game, as i opened that door, two zombies charged, and got a scratch in, i felt so safe just because i had a lot of weapons, even though i cured the infection, i got nausea, then fever, and no matter what i did, i died. It was so upsetting, i was such a high level, and like i said in any other game a single zombie would never be a threat at that stage.

I remember when deciding whether to purchase PZ or not, and one of the feedback's said "its the closest you will ever get to experience the zombie apocalypse", i thought surely thats rubbish, i mean how can a top down game be better a better representation of an apocalypse than a game like Dayz or 7d2d, and 7d2d as awesome as it is, doesnt trully capture that feel.

Man, zombies are always a threat, and I learn't that the hard way! The horde that I was attacked by was easy for me, but if I was to hop through a window and get 2 zombies lunge at me... its over. 

This game is truly amazing at catching what the real zombie apocalypse could be, despite the fact that there are bigger, more popular games than this.

My personal opinion~ Project Zomboid is the best Zombie-Survival game out there to this date!

There are few little settings that annoy me, mostly cold weather, we should be able to put on few layers of clothing, sacrificing movement and extra weight. The game is set in US not alaska or antarctica. Cold shouldnt be too much of a problem, my character gets cold at night with a sweater on, and its only march.

Climbing out of window using rope, some angles do not allow full view of the lower ground, resulting in landing right into a mob of zombies.

Im keeping an eye on Survive the Nights. If they can make something similar to PZ, in 1st and or 3rd petson view, its going to be awesome

Archived