Can't connect to server or create own

Gabxprime

Question

So, recently, i buyed the game for my friend so we could play together. Since yesterday, i tried to make it work, but nothing seems to work. First, i tried to create my own server, but the game said the server did not respond and i could not connect to it. Then, i tried to join a public server with him, but first of all, i had 5 server showing, my friend had 40 and we did not have any of the same server. Then, i tried to join his game by right clicking on his name on steam and clicking "join the game" (might be a different term, sorry, everything in french on my side). Something did happen : the game started and it showed me a screen asking the server password (it didn't have one), my username and my password. And again, the connection failed. The game is cool, i would like to enjoy it and i worked for hours to make the multiplayer work, without succes... Can somebody help me?

3 answers to this question

Right click the game in your library, go to "betas" and make sure "none" is selected from the dropdown box.

Also make sure neither or both of you are launching with the "nosteam" option. You might have done that whilst reading up on multiplayer, and if he hasn't it would keep him from connecting.

Archived