Help tuning configuration for a small private coop Server (10 Slots)

Hinochino

Hi,

I just discover again Project Zomboid since I purchased it on Humble Store.

I just rented a server to play with some friends in a cooperative way and I don't have any trouble setting the config or running it.  The problem is that I don't have the experience in MP needed to know what are the best config to a server of this kind for a good experience.

I want the closest experience to survival SP mode.

I mostly doubt about the respawn of loot and zombies. Anyone knows how works respawn in survival mode? I want to adjust the survival settings to the number of players and the fact that in MP you don't sleep, and I suposse that the need of food and water is still running at night.

Now I'm thinking about to set a monthly respawn of loot and zombies (10% of ideal).

Any idea?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

If you're all sticking together then yeah you'll take a toll on the local resources meaning you'll have to travel farther and farther for loot, this doesn't happen as much on regular servers with strangers who settle in completely different places but loot does tend to eventually run out if respawn is off. I'd say run a test with your friends for a few days and decide for yourselves whether you want to tweak it or not, pretty sure you can sustain 10 people with respawning loot every month.

Archived