Contaminated Cooking Supplies

Johnny Fisher

Alright, so the idea for this is simple- if you kill a zed with a frying pan, knife, or something along those lines, the item will get "contaminated", as it will state before the name, like, as it was called "Kitchen Knife" before, it will be called "Contaminated Kitchen Knife", and cannot be used in cooking (or possibly can, but with consquences being food poisoining...) until cleaned under a sink or shower, or with a water bottle, bleach, rags, or towels. I was thinking something along the lines of 90-100% chance of a knife kill will contaminate it, 30-70% with frying pan, etc. Gutting animals will contaminate knives, as well as killing animals once they come along into the game. And once NPCs come around- Did a wandering old man stumble into your safehouse? Did you whack him over the head with a frying pan a total of seven times? Well, then, you need to decontaminate that frying pan before you go ahead and make a stir fry out of dead mice! The point is to make this process more realistic, as you would need to clean the things you're using to make your food. If The Indie Stone so wanted, they could even allow you to make food with contaminated supplies, giving danger to not cleaning your knives and frying pans if you use them to kill zeds early in the game.

So, I came up with this idea after Mathas made a stir fry with his main weapon, his frying pan, in Episode 2 of his new PZ series... Go ahead and tell me what you think, I just think it'd be a small addition to the game, that could possibly add to the ends of a couple survivors, with their contaminated stir fries and lack of water. If this was implemented, it would have course, only be a minor change, and most people wouldn't even notice it, except for our kitchen guru zed-killing ninjas out there.

TL;DR, Contaminated kitchen supplies after killing with them, cleaned with water, bleach, or rags. Could add to detail in PZ, and there aren't many going against detail at this point.

Alright, so the idea for this is simple- if you kill a zed with a frying pan, knife, or something along those lines, the item will get "contaminated", as it will state before the name, like, as it was called "Kitchen Knife" before, it will be called "Contaminated Kitchen Knife", and cannot be used in cooking (or possibly can, but with consquences being food poisoining...) until cleaned under a sink or shower, or with a water bottle, bleach, rags, or towels. I was thinking something along the lines of 90-100% chance of a knife kill will contaminate it, 30-70% with frying pan, etc. Gutting animals will contaminate knives, as well as killing animals once they come along into the game. And once NPCs come around- Did a wandering old man stumble into your safehouse? Did you whack him over the head with a frying pan a total of seven times? Well, then, you need to decontaminate that frying pan before you go ahead and make a stir fry out of dead mice! The point is to make this process more realistic, as you would need to clean the things you're using to make your food. If The Indie Stone so wanted, they could even allow you to make food with contaminated supplies, giving danger to not cleaning your knives and frying pans if you use them to kill zeds early in the game.

So, I came up with this idea after Mathas made a stir fry with his main weapon, his frying pan, in Episode 2 of his new PZ series... Go ahead and tell me what you think, I just think it'd be a small addition to the game, that could possibly add to the ends of a couple survivors, with their contaminated stir fries and lack of water. If this was implemented, it would have course, only be a minor change, and most people wouldn't even notice it, except for our kitchen guru zed-killing ninjas out there.

TL;DR, Contaminated kitchen supplies after killing with them, cleaned with water, bleach, or rags. Could add to detail in PZ, and there aren't many going against detail at this point.

First of all welcome to the forms. second of all, good idea. a friend had just said the same thing to me today on a server. i would recommend reading the rules (link below) but anyways welcome to the forums and we welcome you with open arms.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions-read-before-posting/

First of all welcome to the forms. second of all, good idea. a friend had just said the same thing to me today on a server. i would recommend reading the rules (link below) but anyways welcome to the forums and we welcome you with open arms.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions-read-before-posting/

Thanks for the welcome, been playing the game for only half a year now, and just decided to hop onto the forums.

Thanks for the welcome, been playing the game for only half a year now, and just decided to hop onto the forums.

always great to have another mind here.