[HELP]Run Multiple Servers on Linux

Anderson Jaeger

There are a lot of ways to do this. Off the top of my head (I can test later, to confirm, if more help is needed):

I think you can launch with (without even editing the projectzomboid-dedi.sh, it should pass the arguments):

-servername servertest or -servername server2 etc and it'll use configuration options/directories appropriate to those server names.

Or you can do -cachedir=~/server1 or -cachedir=~/server2 etc or -Duser.home=~/server1 or -Duser.home=~/server2 and it'll use the the same servertest name but it'll create new directories with default configs for each server.

Note that you'll have to configure each server to use different ports even if you have multiple IPs for your server.

At the moment, if you want to selectively bind to an IP you'll have to write your own LD_PRELOAD hook for bind() or something similar or use virtualization or maybe use network namespaces.

Basically running multiple servers should be easy but using multiple IPs is probably not.

There are a lot of ways to do this. Off the top of my head (I can test later, to confirm, if more help is needed):

I think you can launch with (without even editing the projectzomboid-dedi.sh, it should pass the arguments):

-servername servertest or -servername server2 etc and it'll use configuration options/directories appropriate to those server names.

Or you can do -cachedir=~/server1 or -cachedir=~/server2 etc or -Duser.home=~/server1 or -Duser.home=~/server2 and it'll use the the same servertest name but it'll create new directories with default configs for each server.

Note that you'll have to configure each server to use different ports even if you have multiple IPs for your server.

At the moment, if you want to selectively bind to an IP you'll have to write your own LD_PRELOAD hook for bind() or something similar or use virtualization or maybe use network namespaces.

Basically running multiple servers should be easy but using multiple IPs is probably not.

I will try now, thank you very much for your reply, appreciated.

Could you give more details about this process? i need to insert this text lines in one of the projectzomboid-dedi.sh?

#!/bin/bash

#

# projectzomboid.sh

#

###############################################################################

SCRIPT="`basename $0`"

GAMEDIR="${HOME}/.project_zomboid_2.9.9.17"

LOGFILE="${GAMEDIR}/${SCRIPT}.log"

INSTDIR="`dirname $0`"/projectzomboid ; cd "${INSTDIR}" ; INSTDIR="`pwd`"

[[ ! -d "${GAMEDIR}" ]] && mkdir -m 0755 "${GAMEDIR}"

JARPATH=".:lwjgl.jar:lwjgl_util.jar:jinput.jar:sqlitejdbc-v056.jar:trove-3.0.3.jar:uncommons-maths-1.2.3.jar"

# XMODIFIERS is cleared here to prevent SCIM screwing up keyboard input

XMODIFIERS= java \

-Djava.library.path="${INSTDIR}" \

-Dorg.lwjgl.util.NoChecks=true \

-Dorg.lwjgl.librarypath="${INSTDIR}" \

-Xms1G \

-Xmx16G \

-Duser.home="/dev/shm/SpiffoSpace_public_easymode" \

-XX:-UseSplitVerifier \

-cp "${JARPATH}" \

zombie.network.GameServer \

"$@" \

2>&1 | tee console_easymode.txt

exit 0

#

# EOF

#

###############################################################################

I just use -Duser.home to generate multiple directories to stuff individual zomboids in. Port is set in servertest.ini.