"DisplayUserName=false" and "OnWorldMessage.Add(ChatLog.addLineInChat)"

Koregan

Question

To the Dev-Team:

Because you do a great job and have fixed the problem I had with the chatbox-contailer quite fast,

I want to speak about another problem we have on our roleplay-server (=Zeeks Apocalypse Roleplay Server).

I just have implemented my Strangers-Mod which showes own names for the players.

Therefore we had to switch off the DisplayUserName=true in servertest.ini.

But then the "user" in "OnWorldMessage.Add(ChatLog.addLineInChat)" are not transmitted for local chat.

In general this is not a bug, but with "user" being "nil" I cannot show any own name in the local chatlog.

That's why I would like to ask, if you could transmit the user in "OnWorldMessage.Add(ChatLog.addLineInChat)" and just check if ServerOptions.getBoolean("LogLocalChat") is true in the function "ChatLog.addLineInChat".

This would be awesome, because then I could display the user-given character-names also in the chatboy instead of no name at all being displayed...

(If this topic fits better in suggestions, please move it there.

I had posted it here, because it is more support than it changes the game.

It is just some important issue for serveradmins which want to use mods.)

If the mod is working right and the actual main-bugs are fixed, i will write a topic about it here.

Thanks for this nice game, the possibility to use and program mods, and your great support.

1 answer to this question

In the meantime, i wrote my own function to send the local chattext and the username to all players and insert it into the chatbox if the square is in a certain radius.

So it is not so urgent any more, but a direct way would be nicer to minimise the needed ressources.

Archived