Drop/store/rip just one item~

unmog

I dunno if anyone has noticed before, but I cant seem to drop one or half of an item... along with other things. At first I'd pick up some clothes from a zombie to rip them into bandages later, so there Im am ripping pants and it rips all of the pants... EVEN THE ONES IM WEARING! So now Im standing there like a weirdo in my underpants. :P Sure Ive learned since then to just rip the clothes while the zombie is still wearing it instead of picking them up, but still... could at least not rip the clothes in the stack that Im wearing right?

Other situations, I try to drop something on the floor I have multiples of, say a bat or some food etc, and I drop all of them on the floor. Say I want to put up something, I gotta put up all of them and take back one for myself. While I can walk away from an object to stop putting things in it I cant do the same when dropping items on the floor, and I just end up walking all over the place dropping items everywhere behind me.

Would be really helpful sometimes if I could specifically only drop a certain amount, or that I dont drop the item I have equipped. At least I can rename my bags so it doesnt stack with other bags~

Also while Im on the subject, I wish I could pick up more than one of something but less than half... say cigarettes or nails for example~ Why cant I pick up 1/4 like I can eat 1/4 of something? Or an option to pick up 5 or 10 at a time... now that I think about it, Also it annoys me that I have to put up each nail individually, why does it take so long to put away nails? >.> Anyway Im getting off track :P