cured meat and peckled vegetables

blackteapie

My idea is quite similar to the current farming function.

There are 5 steps:

1. You need to make meat-drying racks (2 wooden sticks + 1 rope) and pickle pots (same material as the rain collector used). These two things has the same function which shovel did in farming: plowing the land, or changing the landscape. The difference is that the racks and pots are consumable item. It will disappear after you "plowed" a area.

2. You need to have "seeds", which are salted meat and vegetables in this case. There is a problem about the meat. The prey we capture through trapping and fish has a random weight. I'm not sure whether we can cut it into pieces which have a unified weight. If we could not do it. The modder may need to make recipes for every different weight of the same item.

The recipe could be: salt/rock salt (found through foraging)+meat/vegetables.

3. You just put "seeds" into the "plowed" field

4. Wait for several days or weeks (depends on modder's thought)

5. During this period, there maybe disease or flies problems, like farming. But I havenot try making cured meat or pickles in real life. So I am not sure what should I write in this part.

6. Harvesting the cured meat and pickled vegetables. And these two will last much longer than the normal meats and vegetables. It could be 30 days, in my idea.

BTW, if there is a cellar system will make it even better. Any food which put in the cellar will last twice longer than those are not in the cellar.