I run a server, everyone on the server crashes after a while

Bambi Juice

It looks as though there is a "null" item in the list of objects.  Not quite sure how that happened yet.  It could be a null player or null zombie.

Is there any way to find that null item/zombie/player and terminate it?

-Otherwise I have to reset the whole server and players won't be happy about that.

Restarting the server doesn't fix it?

Nope, sry for the late responses, I got a busy schedule :)

-I think it's something a hacker or a cheater can do, like hack a item or something to null value and hide it and it makes everyone crash. Oh, btw it would be nice to implement more server tools (admin tools) to administrate the server a little better, I have hosted a lot of servers and I have never been so limited with administrating the players, for an example, I have to find them - I cannot teleport to their location or see where they are at the exact moment and what they are carrying, along with a numerous of things that would help server owners administrate their server. Just one guy was able to destroy a save with over 3 weeks of play time that the players spent on the server. 

-I understand that the game is still in early development but I think the null issue should be a top priority issue, most servers are private and whitelisted because of this, it's impossible to keep a save for more than a week without the null issue popping up while publicly listed. So, I'm going to turn my server into a private server for the meantime and invite a handful of people.

Hey Bambi, I have 2 things for you.

It isn't an all inclusive fix to admin stuff but her is an addon that we use that makes it easier. 

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/8149-server-admin-toolsv2/

Just remember that to play a NON admin character, you'll have to remove this file, and put it back in to use it again. 

The second thing is our server kept crashing - specifically when we hit 8 or more players. I can't say 100 percent this is what is wrong with YOUR server, but we talked to our HOST and got double RAM allotment and our server has been running smoother than ever. Apparently since update 30 the individual players need more devoted RAM to keep the game smooth.

Hope this helps.

Hey Bambi, I have 2 things for you.

It isn't an all inclusive fix to admin stuff but her is an addon that we use that makes it easier. 

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/8149-server-admin-toolsv2/

Just remember that to play a NON admin character, you'll have to remove this file, and put it back in to use it again. 

The second thing is our server kept crashing - specifically when we hit 8 or more players. I can't say 100 percent this is what is wrong with YOUR server, but we talked to our HOST and got double RAM allotment and our server has been running smoother than ever. Apparently since update 30 the individual players need more devoted RAM to keep the game smooth.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for this info, I'll talk to my host provider.