How do I get my copy I was told I would receive?

AreYouExperienced

Question

I remember 3 years ago when my buddy called me and told me, "Dude, you gotta check out this game Project Zomboid. It's on this program thing called Desura, but it's a fantastic game," so, naturally being intrigued by anything zombie-related, I did. Started with the demo, and then was hooked on to buy the Alpha version.

Now, when I bought the Alpha version (I forget if it was $4 or $8) I was thanked for helping the funding of the game and told that once it was actually complete and released, I would get the full game for free. I tried checking in Desura after I saw it was available on Steam, since I assumed that meant the game was finished and my copy would be waiting for me, but it still only lets me play the Alpha version and I'm a bit angry about this. Please help!

3 answers to this question

Heya AreYouExperience, as -snip- says the game is still being developed, though it's much closer to being finished than it was then. They're currently aiming for a full release in Quarter 1 or 2 of next year (3 to 6 months, roughly).

I'm a bit unclear what the issue is for you (can you only play the demo, or are you just wanting a Steam copy, or are you just upset it's not finished?). If you purchased the game on Desura, you can unlock your Steam copy by following the instructions here: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/1382-steam-keys/

If you have any other questions please let me know.

Archived