item distribution(yes another one:P)

Intrud3r

Sorry for opening another distribution sistem topic but can't find the answer anywhere :(

the question is simple

given that i create a new pistol item and i copy the original laser/reddot(adding the new weapon to the attachable) in a separate file like newitems2.txt

i can add the weapon with no issues to the suburbsdistribution with:

table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["Kitchen"]["counter"].items, "newitem");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["Kitchen"]["counter"].items, 5);

is there a way to change the weapon upgrades laser/reddot from base.reddot to new.reddot for the original weapons too? i mean the final part of the suburbsdistribution.lua file

if i copy the original suburbsdistribution.lua to the mod folder and add the intems there can be solved ?(i mean the game will use the mod folder or the default/game file?)

I hope the question is clear i'm really bad in english;)

thanks in advance

Sorry for opening another distribution sistem topic but can't find the answer anywhere :(

the question is simple

given that i create a new pistol item and i copy the original laser/reddot(adding the new weapon to the attachable) in a separate file like newitems2.txt

i can add the weapon with no issues to the suburbsdistribution with:

table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["Kitchen"]["counter"].items, "newitem");table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["Kitchen"]["counter"].items, 5);

is there a way to change the weapon upgrades laser/reddot from base.reddot to new.reddot for the original weapons too? i mean the final part of the suburbsdistribution.lua file

if i copy the original suburbsdistribution.lua to the mod folder and add the intems there can be solved ?(i mean the game will use the mod folder or the default/game file?)

I hope the question is clear i'm really bad in english;)

thanks in advance

If you want to substitute a base version of an item mod version, you have to remove it from the distributions.

I don't know how to do it off the top of my head (I am at work) but I know the Real Kentucky Fireamrs does this, so you could use it as a reference for that.

Try to refrain from overriding base files as anytime there is an update it could cause major problems for your mod.

didn't find what i'm searching for :(

no clue on how to change the values in WeaponUpgrades

FROMWeaponUpgrades = {Pistol = {"Base.Laser", "Base.RedDot", "Base.IronSight"}};TOWeaponUpgrades = {Pistol = {"tetsingmod.Laser", "testingmod.RedDot", "testingmod.IronSight"}};

it's probably super simple but iìm going mad

edit 2:

Solved :)(already tested work perfectly)

require "Items/SuburbsDistributions"if WeaponUpgrades.Pistol ~= nil then        local k=1;        while k <= #WeaponUpgrades.Pistol do            if WeaponUpgrades.Pistol[k] == "Base.Laser" then                table.remove(WeaponUpgrades.Pistol,k);                        elseif WeaponUpgrades.Pistol[k] == "Base.IronSight" then                table.remove(WeaponUpgrades.Pistol, k);                    elseif WeaponUpgrades .Pistol[k] == "Base.RedDot" then                table.remove(WeaponUpgrades.Pistol, k);                        else                                    k = k + 1;               endendendtable.insert(WeaponUpgrades.Pistol,"testingmod.Laser");table.insert(WeaponUpgrades.Pistol,"testingmod.RedDot");table.insert(WeaponUpgrades.Pistol,"testingmod.IronSight");

I would think that 

WeaponUpgrades.Pistol = {"testingmod.Laser","testingmod.RedDot","testingmod.IronSight"};

would work. Odd.

Something like this might work and be slightly more concise:

local Pistol = WeaponUpgrades.Pistol;for i = 1, #Pistol do   if Pistol[i] == "Base.Laser" then     Pistol[i] = "testingmod.Laser";  elseif Pistol[i] == "Base.IronSight" then     Pistol[i] = "testingmod.IronSight";  elseif Pistol[i] == "Base.RedDot" then     Pistol[i] = "testingmod.RedDot";  endend

your solution is easier i like it :)

now i have to find a way to add the new weapons to the same table but it's harder than exepected

edit

ok found the solution for adding a new table into WeponUpgrade and modifing an entire existing table in one move :)

//have to test if work ingame(on virtual lua consolle works as planned)edit 3 //WORKS :)WeaponUpgrades["NewPistol"]={"tetsingmod.Laser", "testingmod.RedDot", "testingmod.IronSight"}//could be used to rapidly change the original pistol values (works perfectly on lua test console)WeaponUpgrades["Pistol"]={"tetsingmod.Laser", "testingmod.RedDot", "testingmod.IronSight"}edit 3 //WORKS (in my previous tests i had mispelled some parts)