Measure of time used in the recipes of the game?/Sync with game speed?

Maska_zgz

Hi all. I have great doubts about the recipes of the game and the time it takes to perform them. I've been doing various tests, and one of them shows me the following. 

If I point it takes to make a recipe 10000.00 (Time: 10000), this takes about 3 minutes and 25 seconds to perform at normal speed. If I multiply the speed x3 (supposedly is x 3), it takes approximately 13 seconds to complete. This is so in any game speed (RealTime, 12h, 5h, etc). 

Besides, if they are 10,000 seconds, and if the recipes would be synchronized with the speed of the game, in the game time should happen in about 167 minutes (in game time, no realtime). 

All this leads me to think that the recipes are not synchronized with the speed chosen for the game, which involves a lot of unwanted effects. 

A recipe for example, of Time: 10000 (I know it's a lot, but it's just an example), in a game in RealTime mode, does not carry not even 4 minutes, so do not apply any penalty at boredom or unhappiness. 

But that same recipe, playing a game of 2h mode, carries enormous penalties of boredom and unhappiness. 

I just want to clarify that I'm not complaining about anything, I just want to learn. I'm just interested in ask two questions: 

1 - What standard measure of time is used in the game recipes? Clearly they are not seconds. I would like to know if possible, for the purpose of modding the game. 

2 - Would not it be logical that the time it takes to make a recipe, is in sync with the speed chosen in the game?. Maybe there is a problem I do not know if the speed of a recipe is synchronized in this way, but I think it would be something very good for modding. 

Thanks in advance. I love this game!

I think you're right that it's not tied to game time. I think it's probably a factor of fps and then increased based on the speed controls.

I imagine that's on purpose though. It does give standardization to the feel of how long any given timed action will take regardless of game day length.

For example, characters and zombies move at the same speed regardless of day length but if time actions were tied to day length then barricading could take forever while zombies are attacking you. That would be really awkward.

Or even simple things like transferring inventory items would suddenly be rather variable which could be very frustrating to players.

Sure, it's logical that reading a book would be much faster at the 1-hour-day setting than the 2-hour-day setting but would it actually be good design to force players to sit around that long doing nothing in game? The real time setting like that would be amusing.