Couple of animation ideas. (Combat)

LeoIvanov

So, I've been playing Zomboid and some thoughts visited my head. I thought it would be rude of me not to share my idea here, with my zomboidates.

So, here it goes. Whenever you charge a swing (as a bat) and hit a zombie, there are a couple of outcomes right now. He either falls, gets pushed back or, in a rare occasion, dies. I've been thinking if you were able to create an additional animation, where your bat stops mid air as you charge a swing, indicating a "hit" with a "thump" noise, similar to that you get when smashing a zombie on the ground.

To make it easier for your minds : When character hits nothing, or misses a swing, the full animation of the "swing" plays, where he flails the bat 180 degrees infront of him and back. When character hits a zombie/door, the animation plays as if the bat "hit" the target, and then pulls it back into charging position. So that way it stops in the air similar to the animation that we've had in older (1.0.5) builds.

I think the axe should work the same way, so are other ranged weapons.

Post what you think

Just look at this video of Sui Generis game still not released.If Baldurs Gate 3 existed, this is what it would remind me of.

Thats how Diablo 3 combat animation should have been look like!!!

I like to combat last long with lots of swings, feints and defends and footwork.

I would like to see this in Zomboid where you hold bat in one hand and swing left and right or 2 axe in both hands and swings like in animation with sounds of hiting the flesh.