Crafting ammo

Troblin

PLUS, there's a good use for all those forks and spoons in the game.  Lets, for the sake of argument, assume that the utensils are made of pewter (in the 90's, it was a lot more common due to being cheaper).  Pewter can be melted down with a welding torch or other hot flame and recast into shotshells (if you were a hunter profession and had the appropriate molds).  You would need a source of lead, but with fishing implemented plus the future addition of cars, you'd be able to use wheel-balancing weights or fishing lure weights for the lead.  I cast bullets for my black powder rifle (just simple 50 cal balls, but there are 00 buck shot molds available at hunting stores) using old lead and tin-antimony off the internet.  Obviously no internet back then in PZ, but pewter has good-enough ratios of those metals to use by a skilled reloader/bullet caster. 

Now, I doubt this will make it into the standard version of the game due to balancing, but I would love to see someone make a bullet casting mod.

Edited by Mike280

I was surprised to learn as a kid, being born and raised in south Texas, that not all families cast their own slugs and reload their used brass.

The old man had me trimming and running 45 ACP and 45-70 Govt. brass through the old RCBS before I learned to ride a bike.

I grew up in the city BTW.. :lol:

It sure would be nice if firing a gun would leave empty brass on the ground to be collected.. The upcoming cars would add wheel weights as a casting material source. Powder/primers/molds would be a good limiting factor, being found only at the gun shop and occasionally in garages.