What controller are you using?
· Xbox 360 wireless controller.
Does the controller work?
· Yes, the controller works fine, no problems.
Please check out the new gamepad customization menu in the Options. Does it work, and does it make sense? Is it relevant to the pad you’re using? How could it be improved?
· It kind of works. The keybinding layout makes sense for my controller because it is functionally very similar to the one depicted. What’s been confusing for me is what toggleMode and toggleInventory are supposed to do. Additionally, melee is just a push, and there seems to be no specific button for attacking. Some buttons have key bindings but are not shown in the customization menu. Changing the keybinds of some buttons doesn’t work (left & right bumpers)
How does your gamepad feel in-game? Is there anything missing, and has anything changed that you’re used to playing with?
· Playing with a gamepad actually comes pretty naturally, I didn’t expect it to be so smooth. However, having sprint be bound to the left stick and not to a button is somewhat frustrating. It makes sneaking in tough situations more difficult.
How would you like your gamepad play further improved?
· A button for sprint would be great!
· The ability to highlight multiple items for inventory management.
· Being able to zoom in and out more seamlessly
Do you play in split-screen? If so, how is this beta playing?
· Sorry, I don’t play this game in split-screen.
In the current game when you use inventory and character windows, your survivor on-screen can still move and perform some actions. If we were to forbid this, and have you either controller as your survivor OR having you navigate the UI, how would you feel? How would this change your playing style?
· I would definitely be more careful when looting buildings, because I’d have to account for not being able to run when things get iffy.
What other gamepad bugs or weirdness have you noticed in this build?
· If you press the interact button (for me it was X) when there nothing to interact with, part of the HUD disappears (X and Y button hints on the bottom left of the screen) and you can’t interact with anything until you press B, then everything works again.
This build also contains a java lwjgl upgrade. Have you noticed any changes in game performance and stability, especially at higher resolutions?
· I haven’t noticed much of a change.
What's the Number 1 most important issue that you'd like to see resolved in the next update to this beta?
· Being able to change the binding of right bumper. Currently it works as a look ahead & attack button, which makes it really frustrating when you need to adjust your orientation mid-fight and the camera keeps moving in your new orientation.