timeout downloading zip

thelastvortigaunt

Question

Just bought PZ on Steam summer sale. I've googled the living hell out of this problem with to no avail. I'm running PZ on compatibility mode, I've tried clearing my server save, I've opened my ports (16260-16270), I've taken down my McAffee firewall, and nothing is helping. The weird part is that I was able to connect to the server in question once directly after I opened my ports and ran compatability mode, but my friend had to take down the server and now that he's remade it I can't reconnect. This is beyond frustrating. Any help would be appreciated.

To those who don't know this issue, I connect to my friend's server and make my character, and while loading, my game will progress to the step where you connect to the download port, and then the console will start saying "timeout downloading zip, I'll keep waiting forever" in a loop.

1 answer to this question

Just bought PZ on Steam summer sale. I've googled the living hell out of this problem with to no avail. I'm running PZ on compatibility mode, I've tried clearing my server save, I've opened my ports (16260-16270), I've taken down my McAffee firewall, and nothing is helping. The weird part is that I was able to connect to the server in question once directly after I opened my ports and ran compatability mode, but my friend had to take down the server and now that he's remade it I can't reconnect. This is beyond frustrating. Any help would be appreciated.

To those who don't know this issue, I connect to my friend's server and make my character, and while loading, my game will progress to the step where you connect to the download port, and then the console will start saying "timeout downloading zip, I'll keep waiting forever" in a loop.

Its most likely an error on your friends side. The fact that you could connect before and not after it was re-hosted is a clue to this. Have them use the admin account to close the server from in game. Then delete the server world and host it again. Also your ports don't need to be forwarded if your not hosting. Have this friend of yours try to reboot the server (hard reset) and see if it helps. Make sure you both are using the same branch of the game, too. This can be another big problem when connecting to servers, though you didn't say anything about the lua error so that might not be the case. Worth a look anyways. If he/she is using iwbums then you should as well. 

Good luck and let me know if any of this helped you or not. 

Link to similar resolved topic: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/8820-timeout-downloading-zip-error/?hl=timeout

PS: Welcome to the Forums  (clyde)

Archived