Help with lanching basic GUI

sec_goat

I would liek to say I am a decent programmer, but I am finding myself a tad stumped.

I was lookign at this thread http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/369-how-to-make-and-manipulate-a-gui-via-the-lua-scripting-interface/

which tells me how to make a basic pop up window, which is what I want to start with. I understand the basics of what is happening. But whnat i don't under stand is hwo to make this window show?

knwo I can hook in to the Events.OnKeyPressed or somehting like this to launch the window on the right keypress, however, what function do I need to call to make this modal show?

Thanks!

Many modders have walked the path of the PZ-UI ... only few have returned to tell their story.

Jokes aside, to show the modal you simply have to wrap the code (which I posted in the thread you linked to) in a function and hook it to the event you like (or to some other function).

E.g.:

local function foo()     ... insert modal stuff hereend Events.OnKeyPressed.Add(foo)

Many modders have walked the path of the PZ-UI ... only few have returned to tell their story.

Jokes aside, to show the modal you simply have to wrap the code (which I posted in the thread you linked to) in a function and hook it to the event you like (or to some other function).

E.g.:

local function foo()     ... insert modal stuff hereend Events.OnKeyPressed.Add(foo)

I would like to think I have the constitution to with stand it! I have walked some dark paths, Excel.Interop, and lived to tell the tale!

Thanks for the info RoboMat this is exactly what I was looking for, I was thinking the Modal was some sort of global objext I had to call from a function, I was half way right!

I have been following your modding tutorial and hope to be able to get something, anything workign some time soon, Just can't seem to get the mods working, But that is probably a question for another thread