Unable to use mods

Photonred

Hi all I've been through the links on how to install mods and although it looks dead simple (pun intended)

I've not been able to install any of the mods here although the mod is developed for the build I am using (Steam V23).

I've  dropped the unzipped folder into the Mods folder C:\Users\yourusername\Zomboid\mods

however when starting the game the mods selection screen shows no mods to select. 

I'm sure I'm doing it wrong but would some good soul tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers!

The 3 first you listed definitely aren't set up properly by the mod's author, which is why they don't show up. Torch mod looks OK on quick glance, no clue what's up with that, except that the author has marked it for 2.9.17-> which means it may not have been updated for something script working-related that's happened in the meanwhile. Completely lacking clue on why the 2 last ones wouldn't work.

Just to check, you're extracting these so that for each mod,  there's a C:\Users\yourusername\Zomboid\mods\nameofthemod\mod.info? And that you're certainly on build 23 and haven't subscribed to one of the test versions on Steam?

Thanks for getting back to me on this I am positive I'm using V23 on Steam and not on any of the test versions so far I've extracted the mod and copied the (name of the mod) folder into the C:\Users\yourusername\Zomboid\mods\  path. 

IE C:\Users\yourusername\Zomboid\mods\Dried Fruits\

where Dried Fruits contains the info for the mod.

Cheers