Modding Sound Files

Posted (edited)

SO I was rolling around my parking lot in my base, and I thought to myself, "wow, alot of these cars sound alot alike. Why does my GAZ Tigr sound like my Buick Riviera?" And I got to thinking, "how easy is it to modify sound files for the game" so basically I'm just here to answer that question, how easy or hard is it to add custom audio files to vanilla and/or modded vehicles?

Edited by Zion80

I’ve actually done this for a couple of my own vehicles in-game. It’s not too hard once you get the hang of it! You’ll need some basic audio editing software and an understanding of the game’s file structure. Swapping out sound files can be pretty straightforward, but getting the levels right so it doesn’t sound off can take a bit of trial and error. Make sure to back up your original files first!

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/29/2024 at 11:36 PM, Fralke said:

I’ve actually done this for a couple of my own vehicles in-game. It’s not too hard once you get the hang of it! You’ll need some basic audio editing software and an understanding of the game’s file structure. Swapping out sound files grade calculator can be pretty straightforward, but getting the levels right so it doesn’t sound off can take a bit of trial and error. Make sure to back up your original files first! 

i think it's quite difficult for beginners, i need easier interface

image.png