Spawnpoint of custom map not selectable in-game

Urbs

I've created a really simple map just to test everything out. I've went through this tutorial and got everything working except actually being able to spawn into my own map in-game.

Here's the repository of my mod: https://github.com/Urbs97/ProjectZomboidTestMap

And as an attachment the finished mod I'm using that is the result of generating lots with the repository I've linked.

The mod is loaded:
image.png.b168dfbc2bed3167540113052599db87.png

But I can only choose the vanilla spawns:
image.png.4528eb1f34c542577ee8bb8b0d1a4c17.png

Those are the contents of my map.info which you can also look up in the repository and fork the project if you like:

title=Hello World Map
lots=Muldraugh, KY
description=My description
fixed2x=true

I've tried different "lots" (even the mod name) and also removing it. The result is always the same.

In case more information is needed I will try to answer as soon as possible in this thread.

Thank you for your time.

MyMapMod.zip

Edited by Urbs
Mark as Resolved

50 minutes ago, Urbs said:

I've created a really simple map just to test everything out. I've went through this tutorial and got everything working except actually being able to spawn into my own map in-game.

Here's the repository of my mod: https://github.com/Urbs97/ProjectZomboidTestMap

And as an attachment the finished mod I'm using that is the result of generating lots with the repository I've linked.

The mod is loaded:
image.png.b168dfbc2bed3167540113052599db87.png

But I can only choose the vanilla spawns:
image.png.4528eb1f34c542577ee8bb8b0d1a4c17.png

Those are the contents of my map.info which you can also look up in the repository and fork the project if you like:

title=Hello World Map
lots=Muldraugh, KY
description=My description
fixed2x=true

I've tried different "lots" (even the mod name) and also removing it. The result is always the same.

In case more information is needed I will try to answer as soon as possible in this thread.

Thank you for your time.

MyMapMod.zip 420.75 kB · 0 downloads

You have forgotten the final folder inside of the "maps" folder, as per the guide:

OK now you have all of the files you need to test your map in game, so lets go ahead and do that. First, create a new folder on your desktop (or somehwere easily accesible) and give it a name (e.g. MyMapMod), inside create another folder called media, inside there create a 3rd folder called maps and then inside there, create a final folder called MyMapMod (or whatever the name of your map is). Inside this final folder is where you want to put all of the .lotheader, .lotpack and .bin files that were created when you generated the lots for your map, as well as the spawnpoints.lua file and and objects.lua (dont worry about this for now, you will create one when you add foraging zones later).

You remove the "lots=Muldraugh, KY" line from your map.info file if you want your map to not be connected to the vanilla map.