Making a map standalone

httmj

Im trying to figure out how to make a map i created standalone but i could not find anything to tell me how. It works in sp but about half of the map is cutoff and it is bunched in with the vanilla map, if anyone could help that would be appreciated. 

Edited by httmj

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue. How did you manage to create own lots?
I've been using the existing lots like in the Tutorial but I never spawn into my map.

On 3/9/2024 at 6:41 PM, Urbs said:

I'm having the same issue. How did you manage to create own lots?
I've been using the existing lots like in the Tutorial but I never spawn into my map.

Creating a map mod you probably already created the mod folder structure right?

Having a folder media\maps\[WhateverNameYouChoose]. Inside that one you add in all the map data for your standalone map: lotheader, chunkdata, the luas for objects and spawnlocations, lotpack files and if you have that (and you should at some point) the worldmap.xml file.

You get all these files from WorldEd by clicking on Files > Generate Lots, Files > Write Spawn Points and Files > Write Objects for Lua.
Make sure you've placed spawn points on your map as well.

Now create a map.info file in the same folder up there:

title= [The name that shows up in the spawn location]
lots= [Whatever you want - if you have multiple spawning towns to select from, give them all the same lots name. Just make sure it isn't the default name or else it will attach to the Kentucky map]
description= [This is the text description given in the spawn location menu.]
fixed2x=true

If you wish to include multiple spawning towns:

1. Create a folder in the media\maps folder for each spawn town you want to be able to choose from
  2. One of those locations should include all these files: all the lotheader, chunkdata, lotpack files and the objects.lua and worldmap.xml
  3. For each map folder, add in one spawnlocations.lua and make sure it only includes the spawn locations for that town
  4. For each map folder, add in a map.info lua. Edit them according to the code reference above and make sure that lots it set to the same for all of them.

If it won't show up ingame, make sure you created the mod correctly. Having a mod.info file in your mod and having it activated in the game itself. Or check if you put it into the right folder.

Edited by TitanKämpfer
Fixed typos