consoles support idea

thiago9099

heres my idea :

An generic zomboid with no mods but with community  hosted servers and can be public or friends only and also official servers on multiplayer

modding : mods could work but only maps mods and vehicle mods and item mods and traits mod and etc but mods could work but in the way like plague inc evolved did for console eheres 3 examples you can still use mods but its more limited but an few mods could have support for console and an few not!

which build is the best to do it : 42 or 43 !

community servers could have sandbox options and etc and other stuff but mods would b e more limited or just no mods

and maybe moblie support ! with this 

another essential thing is crossplay . xbox players would be only able play xbox servers but pc players could join them (optional)

changes that need toi be done for xbox support : voip support and limited communication in text with only certain words like : rp words and follow me and etc but you could say basic words !

- Thiago9099

Edited by thiago9099
fixing !

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2024 at 3:07 PM, MadDan said:

Interesting timing, we have a blog addressing mobile and console plans posted a few days ago. In short: It's a no.

https://projectzomboid.com/blog/news/2024/01/project-zomboid-mobile/

does PZ use all three coding languages Java, lua, and C++?

Cuz the Xbox Series X and PS5 both use C++ so if theoretically a next gen port would be possible, just difficult and probably best when the game is fully finished with big content updates

On 1/15/2024 at 12:21 PM, thiago9099 said:

heres my idea :

An generic zomboid with no mods but with community  hosted servers and can be public or friends only and also official servers on multiplayer

modding : mods could work but only maps mods and vehicle mods and item mods and traits mod and etc but mods could work but in the way like plague inc evolved did for console eheres 3 examples you can still use mods but its more limited but an few mods could have support for console and an few not!

which build is the best to do it : 42 or 43 !

community servers could have sandbox options and etc and other stuff but mods would b e more limited or just no mods

and maybe moblie support ! with this 

another essential thing is crossplay . xbox players would be only able play xbox servers but pc players could join them (optional)

changes that need toi be done for xbox support : voip support and limited communication in text with only certain words like : rp words and follow me and etc but you could say basic words !

- Thiago9099

As a replacement until a port is decided or declined you can just buy it on steam and from there go on your xbox and use Microsoft Edge and go to the Geoforce Now website and use that to play, it’s what I’ve been doing for a couple months now and it runs fine, smooth with no latency. Obviously that depends on your internet quality but nevertheless it’s still a great solution in the meantime 

• 2 months later...
On 1/26/2024 at 9:11 AM, EthanDahBRUH said:

does PZ use all three coding languages Java, lua, and C++?

Cuz the Xbox Series X and PS5 both use C++ so if theoretically a next gen port would be possible, just difficult and probably best when the game is fully finished with big content updates

Yes, Project Zomboid utilizes all three programming languages: Java, Lua, and C++.